Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got out yesterday for a few hours. I got a carp right of the bat on nightcrawler. Not to long after i was trying to get some bait and got a decent gill that I threw out on my dad's big rod. I let it set for around and hour and it started to take off. I setup and tightened the drag up and started to crank in what felt like a nice fish when something snapped inside the reel I went over backwards and smacked my leg pretty good. I can hardly walk today from the fall. The reel went into complete free spool when I think the gear went. I wish I knew what was on the other end of the line but it was gone before I could recover. I will never buy a shakespere reel again for myself or my father after this event.:angry::angry::angry:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Phil I was bank fishing and broke a rod,I was setting there with nothing left but the rod handle in my hand while I watched my 209 Penn hit the river,believe it or not I jumped in to try and catch the reel and landed on it,lost the fish but got the reel back.That was in 1973 and I still fish with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.