Who Remembers Cornhusker

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Jesse168, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    I recently contacted old Cornhusker to find out why I haven't seen him on BOC lately. The following is his responce:

I doubt anyone even remembers the Cornhusker anymore. I have tried posting a few times and never get much of a reply. Feels like I'm a greenhorn just joining up and I haven't earned my way into "Click" yet. If by chance someone does remember tell them hello for me.

Those of you that remember Cornhusker please help me get that old boy back in here. He did a great job as moderator and a lot of work on the library. He also helped a lot of folks with reel repairs.

Jesse

2. Tinboat

Tinboat New Member

State:
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I remember him and his "list". Come on home corn.

3. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Yes, I remember Cornhusker. He is a very good man. He did a fantastic job as moderator too. He is a very wise man, and if I'm not mistaken, a retired engineer. I always enjoyed reading his posts. They were always informative.

He played a major role in making the Boc what it is today. I have often wondered what happened to him.

Thanks Jesse, for letting us know he's OK. I hope he comes back and rejoins us here. We need his experience, as it's not the same without him here..

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Heck yeah I remember old Corn. I have sent him a few PM's. Been to his house before. We are supposed to hit Hargus sometime but I think he is scared that my non catching will rub off on him. LMAO

He went to the little Ohio Gathering at Buckeye Lake in 04 also.

He posted not too long ago about the National Gathering. I sure hope he makes it.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?p=353252#post353252

Took the pic below on the way back from the WV gathering in 04. I sure miss him.

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    You bet, I remember Corn. When I came back from my hiatus he was one of the 'old timers' I tried to look up. Tell him he is the reason SeedTick bream fishes with circle hooks and wax worms the next time you talk to him. We need him back here where he belongs.

ST

6. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    Come on back Corn your missed.

You had a lot of good advice for us.

7. jnjmeyer

jnjmeyer New Member

State:
    Richmond Heights Mo
    Hey Corn, good hear of ya and glad you're still kicking. Hope all is well.
    C'mon back, we miss ya!

8. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    If I remember right he was on the old site. I can remember his posts.
    Bill

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

How could you forget Cornhusker? I was a newbie here, but his presence was all over the site, especially if it had anything to do with schematics on fishing equipment. I miss picking his brain. Very helpful, and knowledgeable....please come back...

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    He also gave me a tub of Bills Brain and Cheese when I was at his house. It opened up in my trunk, boy, I will never forget him!!!! LMAO

He also was a non believer in my Garlic Chicken Livers. Well, 6 hours later and 20 poles in the water with no fish. He was still a non believer. LMAO

11. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Speak up Corn, I see you lurking.

ST

12. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Awwww shucks Corn, come on back buddy, you have been gone way too long and we have all missed you.

13. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Corn you know theres a bunch of guys still here the remember you. And I for one sure would like to see you posting again. As for not having that many post.
    Shoot I will for sure give you a few hundred of mine.
    So come on back and share all the great stuff you have to offer.
    Pete

14. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Corn Lives close to me if I remember, he has a standing invite to go flathead fishing anytime.

15. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Wow 20 poles and six hours talk about putting in the effort. I can't belive yall didn't catch a fish.

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I too have missed Darrel (aka. Cornhusker) on here and was wondering what had happened to him. I am glad that he is ok, and wish he would return. I always enjoyed his informative posts on reel repair and other topics.
    Darrel, if you read this, Please get your Hiny back in here and help us out. You were always one of us and will always be.

17. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I can understand how Corn feels...
    If your off of here for very long at all, there is a whole new slew of people.
    Just the amount of posts here a day is overwhelming sometimes.

The thing is, if I am off of here for awhile like I do from time to time, and I make a few posts, really only a few people see it. Most people can't read all the posts everyday, and would not have even realized that a post was made by someone of legionary quality such as Corn.

For the record, I would like to see Corn back here, and I appreciate all that he has done for the BOC collectively and individually.

Come on back Corn!

18. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Chris, I agree. I too would like to see Corn return along with some more of the long time members

19. Cornhusker

Cornhusker New Member

State:
    Lancaster, Ohio
    At this point all I can say is WOW.

You guys sure know how to make a fella feel good and proud to be part of this group. Thank You all.

Now I just have to step in and straighten out that load of whatever Tea was offering up. First of all, as I recall, he was one of the folks pushing to have the Ohio Outing at Buckeye Lake. Shoot that 5 foot deep mud hole is close enough to me that I knew a little about it. At one time it may have had a fish in it but that was long ago. Then you hit it with a couple of big fish kills, a DNR stocking it with hybrid wipers that don't reproduce and you really don't talk folks into driving long distances to just sit and watch their chicken liver rot. Darned if Tea and another guy didn't talk us into it. Damn parking lot shoreline looked like a porcupine. Sure was fun though. hahaha

Jesse, you just can't keep your nose ta home can ya. Damn Reb. Every time it gets a little warm ole Jesse runs out of grits or somethin and goes to stirin up trouble. Be patient Jesse, I'll be back around when things lighten up a bit. Right now I'm still over helping my son get that new house built. I finished a big remodeling project in my house and as soon as it was done we started on his house. We have been pretty much working on it 7 days a week since January. We are getting down to painting and trimming with one hardwood floor left to lay. Right now I'm to darn tired to get into very much. The boy and I haven't even been fishing yet this year.

I will be in and out for a while longer, but plan to get more active this fall.

Once again, Thanks Guys.

20. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    WHEW, Darrell,
    that post wore me out more than I was already. Slow down and enjoy life soon! Catch ya later