Who needs legs:

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by postbeetle, Nov 14, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A while back I asked a question about you guys thoughts on a 4X4 utility vehicle. I have a bad back and can't steer quads. Got some nice responses and I told you I would get back.

Got an e-mail from a nice fella I visit back and forth with occasionally on PM, asking me how I like what I got. I apologize. Meant to tell you folks and just slipped my mind.

Nancy and I wound up with a Ranger 500 4X4 EFI. Electronic fuel injection, 30 hp, 41 mph, 1500 lb towing capacity, on demand 4X4, independent rear suspension, full underbody skid plate.

We love it. I can easily get in the puppy. It frankly is like riding in a car. The independent suspension has allowed me to ride without a back brace. We have very difficult terrain. It hasn't missed a beat. I when in the mood can get in it and go anywhere. Check my floodgates, see if timber has blown down on a fence, check for poachers or just see the scenery. I will hunt out of it deer season. Anxious to see how it does in the snow.

It wound up costing us about 7600 bucks. Didn't pay tax because it is considered a farm vehicle. My Ma passed this spring, and we got a little check from her estate to swing it. The only complaint I have is it is rattly. They use so much plastic anymore it is difficult to stop vibration noise.

Thanks fellas. John.

2. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    How would it be to trailer, load/unload ect. Later Andy

3. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    The wheelbase and frame are just about too big for a 3/4 or 1/2 ton pickup. It will load but very tight. When I picked mine up from the dealer I had to take a pull behind trailer to drag it home. If you get it on a pickup you would need fairly long ramps to decrease the angle of dangle loading it. In my case I won't be taking it off the place so I have no problem with that.

It helps me address my physical problem. I have one leg that is fairly paralyzed. Some days worse than others. My back has a lot of deterioration. My concern and my Drs. is that a wrong move could put me down. Riding this puppy I have no concerns. Nancy loves the damn thing. Can't keep her off it. Hauling chore stuff, garbage, caring for the yard, pruning etc. She throws her dogs on and trail rides it every opportunity she gets.

John

4. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Sounds like you guys got it made now. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it...even the dogs I see -Jim-