who likes smoking fatties?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Sep 16, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol. no not pot.

i found these on a smoking site i belong to and thought ide pass the idea on to my brothers.

basically what it is is taking a 1lb roll of breakfast sausage and rolling it flat inside of a 1 gallon storage bag. cut the bag down the seams to expose square flat meat. fill with USE YOUR immagination. lol. lay on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll up and twist ends to make a log. weve bacon on them and smoke.

heres two i did recently. wifes had fried taters, eggs, cheese, and green onion, mushrooms. first pic. mine had fried deer bratwurst, green onion, mushrooms, red habenaro, green chili peppers, tobasco peppers, all from garden. and cheese and horseradish. not sauce but shredded from jar. second pic. final is sliced.:wink:

first pic is raw being made. second is weved with bacon. third was almost done. need to get an internal temp of 165.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    first pic is wifes cut open. second is mine. third is a slice.

3. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    one more. first is my stuffings frying. second is wifes sliced.

4. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Dang Jeremy, I was beginning to wonder how ya rolled that............ LMAO Excellent presentation as usual... :smile2::wink: Mac

5. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    takes a big paper.:smile2:

yes i have a fish table cloth in the house. :embarassed:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    OMG!!! That looks good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man, now I'm hungry!

7. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jeremy,

sounds good you wife's that is , yours withn all them pepers would be to calantie (hot )

8. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Jeremy.....just when I think I've seen it all.....you continue to amaze me. That looks so good. It just leaped out of the screen at me and slapped me upside the head and said dam, dont I look good. I'm going to try that this week and let ya know how it goes. The hardest part looks like it will be weaving all that bacon around the sausage. I may have to take some on-line classes to learn how to weave though.....LOL. Thanks and reps to ya!!!:big_smile:

9. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    Thanks Jeremy! That looks awesome! I will definitely be trying that real soon!

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    weveing the bacon is easy. lay one slice long ways from end to end. lay a slice over tha one at the very end the oppisite way. then fold back the lengthwise slice and lay one oh heck. send me a pm with your e-mail and ill give ya a link to the pics i got it from.

11. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The big bambu paper out of the cheech and chong album ? Kidding looks great !

12. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Man that looks good!

13. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that looks real good, thanks for the pics

14. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    Excellent post and pictures Jeremy. I thought I had smoked everything but that is a new and good one.

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Gonna have to experiment with that,Jeremy. Looks good,you made my tounge slap my head.

16. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Awesome idea Bro, looks really good!

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wasnt my idea though guys. i found them on another forum im on. and did my own versions. just wanted to pass the idea to you all.:wink:

18. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    Just lookin' at the pics made my arteries slam shut!:wink:

19. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thawing out all her rolls of sausage for tomorrow. :smile2:
    Man that looks good, got to figure out what to use for the stuffing now....
    Going to do some more smoked zucc. with them. Thanks for the idea Jeremy. :002:

20. center12

center12 New Member

State:
    KS
    Been doing "fatties" for a couple of years, really like them as a side to other smoked meats(especially turkey). I never have "stuffed" them like Jeremy is doing, but think I will in the very near future.

I know everyone has their tastes, but I really like doing the 1 lb. logs of Italian sausage rolled in TSS Juicy Pig till the rub won't stick. I smoke that to an internal temp of 160, rest and eat. If I'm cooing for a group(like today), I'll slice the sausage up, pan and then cover with a bath of Blue's Hog BBQ sauce mixed 50/50 with pineapple juice.........sweet, spicy, fennel, works pretty well.

Good eats for sure, great thread Jeremy. Do get a bit of a look when you tell folks your smokin a few fatties,hehe.