Who is your favorite “fishing partner or companion” and why?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by CatHunterSteve, Jul 6, 2009.

Who is your favorite “fishing partner or companion” and why?

1. Wife or husband

2. Son or Daughter

3. Brother or Sister

4. Best friend

5. Worse enemy

6. I fish alone

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    I love to fish with my wife, because I love to see the smile on her face when she hooks up with a big fish, that smile compares only to the one she has as she holds our infant grandchildren or as she watched as each were born.
    She loves to catch those Staunton river stripers and catfish from anywhere she can, and I love to be right there by her side as she reels them in.
    We have fished together many times and I hope I will have the pleasure of fishing with her many more times because she is my forever love and my favorite fishing partner, she is my and the BOC’s only “stripergirl”!

2. PABowhunter4life

PABowhunter4life New Member

State:
    Blawnox, PA
    As of right now it's my buddy Ron. We both take fishing (and hunting) seriously but at the same time we know when the time is right to have a little fun. We share a lot of the same interests too so there's always something to talk/argue about when we're on the water.

In a few months though when my baby girl is a little older I believe I'll be changing my vote :wink:

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I take a ton of different people fishin. Regulars,family,co-workers you name it. I guess my favorite is a "CHERRY" The look on their faces when ya put em on fish is priceless. :wink:

4. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    I fish with my mom, dad, and sister.

5. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    I would have to say my wife. There's just something special about sitting out by the water spending time with her talking about our week passed, the week ahead, or not talking at all. Sometimes we'll even get in a sunset or sunrise (ok, usually a sunset....sunrise happens so darn early).

Now I notice "Your Dog" wasn't an option. If it was, that may have changed things dramatically. HA! Kidding, Mrs. Crunch!

6. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'd have to say my buddy, Kenny. He owns the bait shop in town and has taught me everything he knows about Catfishing. I was just a poor little crappie fisherman before I met him, now I'm fightin the big boys and out on the river every night, usually with him. I greatly appreciate all he's taught me and I also greatly enjoy spending time with him.

I'll look forward to the wife and kids, but for now as a twenty-one year old college student, that seems like it would take away more fishing time than enhance it. :wink:

7. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i wish my wife would fish but she doesn't ... she'll eat trout bass whatever but wont fish...hard to find anyone to fish with so i do it alone .....maybe i need to use deodorant ...lol :confused2:

8. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    My favorite person to fish with is my wife, but getting her to go is tuff sometimes. She is a fair weather fisherwoman. I do most of my fishing with my buddy Kenny so I voted for my best friend.

9. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Anybody who wants to fish. novice or expert. But in general, my g/f, some of my ex g/fs i enjoyed it to. some of my good buddies. and My sister, mother and of corse my father, when ever i can get him to go, usually once a year.....

10. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My fishing partner is James my supervisor @ work believe it or not..Of course we never talk about work on the water..I moved from Louisiana to Tennessee and James was the guy who showed me around the fishing holes..I'm the "how to" guy and he's the "this is the spot to fish " guy..I used to fish all the time with my dad and brother but the move to Tennessee put an end to that..

11. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Being an X guide, i have enjoyed fishn with a lot of folks. My favorite (even though my stepson fishes with me a lot and just about all tourney's) but my favorite is fishn alone with my 2 dogs:smile2:

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I enjoy fishing with my wife, but I burnt her out on a fishing trip to Canada and now she won't even go boating with me. smiles Now the grandkids have taken up the slack, especially the girls because they are willing to listen unlike the boys who know every d--n thing after the first trip out:smile2::smile2: Every fish is a trophy to them and the looks on their faces prove it. Stay safe and take a kid fishing!!!

13. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My son. Because he is my son. My other son lives in houston.

14. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    i like fishing with people who share the same passion as i do

15. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    I love fishin with my wife. She doesnt complain much, it gives us some quality time and memories together and when she gets any kind of fish on she gets excited.

16. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    My sons my favorite fishing buddy because of the funny things he does when were fishing and knowing that what I'm teaching him is gonna last forever.Next would be my wifes little bro because I have also taught him every thing he knows about fishing and I have got to see the progress in the last few years.Ilike to go fishing with my buddy Brandon aka Thecatman because we both know what wee doing and we can just have a good time fishing.

17. buddyodie

buddyodie New Member

State:
    illinois
    I have to say Lisa, my best friend, who happens to also be my wife. She loves fishing the outdoors in general. In fact it is usually she, who brings up the subject of taking the boat to the river. She loves ice fishin' and float tubing too! We took the float tubes to a pond covered with duck weed once, I did not think she would get in it. She beat me in the water. She also caught about an 8 lb. channel that day. It was great fun for both of us, she got pulled around the pond.

18. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Definitely my wife. I like the smile on her face when she gets one in and she will talk about the trip for weeks.

19. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member

State:
    Tallahassee, Fl
    my sons and girlfriend they are real troopers hot sun,skeeters,no fish bites they dont care when we finally load up to leave they ask when are we going back?:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:

20. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I fish mostly with brothers from BOC. One particular is Called Cali Catman (Sean). This brother is a fishermen:wink: