Who is up for a bama gathering?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ALABAMA TALK' started by BAMA_CAT, Jul 5, 2007.

1. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Hey guys and gals who is up to try to put one together?? and maybe have a BOC membership drive of our friends and familys? To get more People from Alabama on here!! So what do yall think????

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    im with ya

i have noticed there really aint a whole lot of alabama boys around here. as long as we could meet in a pretty halfway location maybe between b'ham and montgomery i would be for it.

3. punkin570

punkin570 New Member

State:
    MS
    I'm not in Alabama but close enough, Depending on date and location, I might could make it....if ya'll would have an ole M'sippi gal there.

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I am new and just kind of gettin into the cats, but I'll have a boat come Saturday and would definatly be interested in an AL gathering.

mike

5. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    sounds good, nothing like some good old camping and fishing.:smile2:

6. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Bama,
    Just let me know and I will do everything I can to be there.

Huntsville to Boaz travel time 1 hour:big_smile:

7. mwallace61

mwallace61 New Member

State:
    Huntsville,Alabama
    Post me in the interested catagory!

Mike

8. Chestdeep

Chestdeep New Member

State:
    Jackson County Alabama
    I'm up for it,,name the time and place!

9. fisheater

fisheater New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Im up for it as well just keep us updated and I will try my best to be there. You name the place and time.

10. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    OK anyone have ideas on what lake? Lay lake, lake martin ? or some others?!!

11. HeartofDixie

HeartofDixie New Member

State:
    Blountsville, Alabama
    Bama, I'd be up for it.

12. BamaRiverRat

BamaRiverRat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I could try to make it. I wouldn't go to Martin right now, it's WAY down.

13. L.A.Katracker

L.A.Katracker New Member

State:
    Lower Alabama
    I'm in. Name the time and place

14. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    what about the alabama river for the alabama gathering. we might camp at the gunter camp ground or one of the other facilities?

15. fisheater

fisheater New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Anywhere on the Alabama is fine with me. Not near the conjestion of the lakes.

16. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Thanks for all the input!!!! But we need to find a place about half way for the first one I can go anywhere you guys want to. but we have some members that are way up in north Alabama so lets try to find a place that is in the middle. KEEP THE INPUT COMING!!!:big_smile:

17. chillywater

chillywater New Member

State:
    alabama
    i happy whereever, i was just remebering there are some guys in tne mobile area also. just let me know and i will show.

18. kimmysan0

kimmysan0 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I,m up for it anywhere, Heck I'll go to Mobile and catch gafftops if you guys want to. Here are some suggestions for the central area. Lake Neely Henry is located above Anniston. There are some nice blues and numerous huge flatheads. Camping would be a problem though. Lake Logan Martin has some really nice blues and is located just south of I-20 near Pell City. The water is awefully crowded with anglers and joy boaters from Bham on the weekends though. I would like to add that a 100 pound blue was caught 2 years ago near the I-20 bridge on Lake Logan Martin. (Tragically the behemoth was carted around for hours in the back of a pickup and then dumped,,, I sure would like to find those boys and take them on a little boat ride......) Jordan, Lay Lakes and Bob Woodruff Res. are half way- but I have found them lacking in quality of cats. Phenix City has plenty of big flatheads on the Chattahoochee, and skipjacks to boot. Just a few suggestions. We could also alternate it's location from year to year to the most productive waters, and give everyone a chance to fish new waters. That would put the Tennessee River and it's lakes back into play, and it has some awesome camping sites. Just a thought.

19. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Greg, very good points bro!!! now we have to pick a place and a date!! I am open to all so PLEASE GUYS and GALS!!! Help its for us all!!!

20. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well... if it helps i could make it somewhere around huntsville. my mamma lives there and i still have some friends in the areas. but there is no way i would or could tow my boat 350 miles. so i guess i could just man the camp?