Who is trout fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Dec 8, 2007.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Anyone trout fishing????? Let's hear about it.

2. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Well Robb, it's about time I started trying for trout a little.
    I went to BPS the other day and bought me some new waterproof boots and some wool sox so I'm getting ready.

3. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It's a nice change from Catting....You fly fish too Tom?

4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I'm trout fishin till next April. Stocked Trout in a pond, aint nutin special except that I gotta outwit them rainbows. Some days its powerbait, some days worms, sometimes lures. I have a flyrod also.

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    hey ozzy, were you in vegas when the lake had trout in it? that was before they planted the stripers that were "sterile". used to be some big ones in there. my biggest went about 12lbs caught on left side of road going out to intake tower. in what used to be boulder harbor i think. pretty sure it's dried up now. LOL
    gary

6. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Robb,

Right after the holiday season :crazy:, I'm going to try and do alot of Trout fishing in some of the many local ponds here.
    :go::0a22:

7. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    Never could see the sense of it, by the time you gut them and cut the wings off they ain't enough left to eat.

8. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Gary, I moved here 13 years ago. I was catching big stripers back then, 10-15 pounds average. Some folks were catching up to 30 plus average, heard about a few in the 40's never saw them though. The lake is going down every year. Its about 120 feet low now, pitiful.

9. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    dang, sad to hear. i knew lake was low. remember when was about 90 ft down. could drive across vegas wash on the paved road there. wish i'd taken the trout in to get a record. understand now that record is only 3-4 lbs.. that's bad since know bigger fish was around. remember when they put the striper in. back in late 60's if memories doesn't fail me. they (the f&g) said they couldn't have kids. LOL. then the problems started. the hatchery on the lake tried planting trout by barge, shore, helicopter, it didn't matter. within 24 hr, stripers were eating. later, the bass started disappearing. used to catch (no lie's now) stripers up to 50 plus lbs. then they started starving and turned into torpedoes looking things. 40 -50 inches long, and 5-6 inches thick. now the (hybrid) that they planted that wouldn't multiply i feel ruined the fishing in that lake.
    i can remember going down as a young kid and catching limit of bass and catfish everyday. from shore.
    as for trout fishing, only place i know near you is far away. that is cherry creek in utah. drought has basicly dried everything else up. course you always have that lake they made 1/2 way to lake from henderson. LOL. the one over the old swamp.
    gary

10. rich-online

rich-online New Member

State:
    California
    I'm waiting for the next stock of the local ponds. Trying to get the fish before the cormorants do is the biggest problem.

-- Rich

11. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Rich.... I think that the cormorants need to be exterminated.....Its sad to see man spend all that money to stock a pond and have those "fish eating machines" come in and eat em up...... I quess it will take several legislators to be "pooped on" before the states start to deal with the seals and cormorants....

bayrunner ray...

12. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice catch Tony! Awesome! Look like Fresno fish assasin and a few others planning to do some snow camping at shaver this weekend and hunt them trout down. I may take him up on his offer to tag along:cool2: Never been snow camping....:crazy: Keep ya'll postage:wink:

13. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Tony,
    :crazy:
    :worship: I just wanted you to know that those photos did it for me - Now I know that I will hit some of the local ponds up this way - "Soon"!
    :wink:
    Those were some nice pictures & thanks for sharing them with us.
    :0a31:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shania:0010:

:worship::0a23:
    Bert & "Deltalover"

14. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Good deal Tony!
    Hey Robb, how are you buddy? Well I plan on fishing Irvine this weekend.
    Tony are we still on for this Saturday? let me know buddy.
    P.S. how did you do at San Vicente this past weekend?

Jaime

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    That lake is ruined for sure. There are so many stripers and they are very thin. Some idiot bucket bioligists planted tilapia in there. I keep telling the F&G that they should stock Blues and Flats in there. They would eat up some of them stripers and thin the herd along with them tilipia. Plus as long as people would CPR them that lake could have some monsters in 10 years. But all they due is plant trout to feed the stripers. They cant even do that right. They got the hatchery running last year after being down a few years. Now this year they are trucking them down from northern Nevada cause the hatchery has problems.

16. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    they put tilapia in there? what were they thinking this time?
    i sure miss fishing that lake. is it true that the vegas boat dock is out at black island now?
    gary

17. LOWEDOG

LOWEDOG New Member

State:
    alabama
    I do alot of trout fishing at lake cuyamaca and lake murray in san diego. This time of year is really good. At lake cuyamaca you can catch your limit in about 30 minutes just make sure you fish a little further from the bank. Make sure you cast about 50 feet away from the bank because if you dont you will end up with a lot of small trout. The larger trout is further out. Lake Cuyamaca is a stock lake that can be fished year around for trout. They stock the lake with five different species of trout. Anmers and lightning trout are my best and the rainbow trout is my second best. I will ensure that I will take pictures the next time Im there. One known secret is the large catfish that lake cuyamaca have. A lot of people just come to fish for trout just make sure you bring your catfish poles with some shrimp and mackeral guts. :wink:

Lake Murray is okay on some days and the fish dont stop biting but on other days its slow as heck. However they tend to have a larger average of big trout compared to Lake Cuyamaca but you have to be patient. Lake Murray also get stocked with catfish last summer I caught my limit of catfish in about a 4 hour period. They were 10 pounds and under but really nice keeper fish for eating.

I heard that the colorado river was a good place to catch nice catfish. Is there any truth to that rumor?:confused2:

quote=daystarchis;834213]Anyone trout fishing????? Let's hear about it.[/quote]

18. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    no, there isn't any catfish in the colorado river. in fact, the river has a personal vendetta against people from ca. :wink: for shame on you giving away cuyamca's secrect on cats. not many know it. yes on river. i'm in yuma, prior in vista.
    messing with ya now. on river facts.
    gary

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    What I meant by bucket bioligist is dumb arses. Some dumb bunnys put tilipia in there. The only place that they could have transported them from is the salton sea that I can think of. Other than that would be the local philipinos that own a local market here. The harbor is down at Hemingway now. Heres some pics. I aint joking about how low the lake is, its pitiful.

Attached Files:

20. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    it's sad to see that lake that low. like said before, seen it down in the 50's or 60's where we'd drive across vegas wash on paved road. i know that road is out again now.
    used to show my sons picture on depth finder of teliphone pole it. he didn't believe until last yr when he saw them himself.
    i'm gonna be up there for a few days before christmas. gonna take a run down to lake and look myself and shed a few tears.
    gary