Who is This?!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by rebelzgrl76, Oct 25, 2006.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    This stemmed from a conversation last night in chat and I wanted to know....Who is this guy???

http://www.catfish1.com/

2. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You know, I have wondered the same thing, Amy! He looks so familiar to me... but maybe that's only cuz I've seen the picture so many times on my husband's screen before I joined the group ~ lol

3. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
  4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I believe its Tim Pickering. Long time member from the old board. The guy had one heck of a talent for takein a pic and really focussing in on the subject such as a fish. We was famous a while back. LOL!

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    You are correct, George. That was before your beard started growing. LOL

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    George was right???
    Shouldn't this thread now be moved to the "In the News" section?

7. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Tim Pickering.....So wheres Mr. Pickering these days? He is still a member of the board or what?

Yes, he definitely has a way with taking photos.

Thanks George for allowing me put an end to the mystery. Its been something that has had me clueless since joining. :tounge_out:

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    George youll allways be famous

9. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Amy, it is Tim Pickering out of Northern Indiana. He comes in chat sometimes under the name "RiverScum." He is still a member, and fishes with HoosierPolecat. The two of them just recently went salmon fishing in Michigan. You can check out their exploits in the Michigan section under "Salmon report." Hope this helps...

10. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Interesting. I was curious of that too! LOL Mystery solved huh.

11. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Thanks Vic

Much appreciated. :smile2:

12. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Amy, thanks for bringing this topic up, I've been wondering myself for awhile now. No offense to Tim, but is there any way the Mods could pick a different person, say one per month, to go on the opening page? Like a member of the month type thing or draw someones name out of a hat and use their image for a month. Just a thought, what do the rest of you think about that?

13. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    As long as I aint in the running, I see me enough. I opt out of that drawing. I think DH has some good pictures of himself with cats. BUT...theres also some members that have great pictures of big game and such, so would it be exclusive for Catfish only pictures? :confused2:

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    There used to be a monthly member recognition program quite a while back. It like other things have been consumed by evolution.

15. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i volenteer to have my mug and my big fish on the front page :lol: any voters :big_smile:

16. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Chuck, we are trying to recruit members, not scare them off, LMAO!!!

17. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    :wink: theres a few I wouldnt mind seeing for a month..strictly for inspiration of course :lol:

18. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana

george, you speak of me as if i have passed on lol. i am still alive and well and a member of this great family. thanks for the many compliments on my photos thru the years, brother george!

vic, you never did get down here to fish,next year maybe?

tnvolcats, i took no offence to that bud. i too think it would be great to have a rotation of members on the opening page.

i have been real busy this summer with work and family. me and hoosierpolecat have been compiling some video this summer for everyone. we hope to get enough video by next year to post on here.

tight lines all: tim

19. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    I agree, a member of the month thing would be really cool. And yeah it should be a catfish pic I think, being as its catfish1.com and all :wink:

20. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Amy we used to have a collage of pics of different members on the page, but as we redesigned it went to what we have now. I used to be on it, I was holding a nice shellcraker I caught in Ga on my first trip to Pauls.