Who is or may attend the Central California Gathering this month?

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, May 3, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Made a post and have minimal responce. I figured to ask the question here and see what kind of responce. I also would like to know so we can plan this event and know where we have to get the camp sites to accomadate us.

2. calicatman

calicatman New Member

State:
    California
    WHAT UP MY BROTHA!,Calicatman here.Hey Daystarchis I would like to attend the wife and myself, but I hit a little snagg.From the last post you mentioned the gathering will be on the 26-28.The problem I`m having on that weekend, my band(SLED) and I are playing two back to back shows that weekend. Besides being a Calicat hunter ,I`m a semi professional drummer.I would surely hate to miss the gathering .As soon as you find the dates can you inform me so this way my wife and I can attend.I just got back from doing a small tour in sur-cal and central-cal(Bakersfeild):cool2: :big_smile:

3. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    where did you post the info at? You can count me in as long as its on the weekend.

4. jamesnewsom

jamesnewsom New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    When and where is the gathering going to be at ? I would like to attend if I can get the dates and things like that.

5. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Rob sorry can't make dude u understand that ur talken memorial weekend i got plans peps are going to be down at my trailer at the river. Ill be out on this http://www.catfish1.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4005&d=1137558723 looken for thongs, ya know the the last time i was down there lost mine out of the boat sure is hard walken around bare footed LOL

Ill also be out In AZ for the gathering over there 2 weeks after, looken for some big flatheads so need to save up some $$$$ 4 that , but will catch up to each other some time

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The gathering will be at the Mendota Wildlife Refuge on May 26-28. I will probably be there on Thur evening the 25th. All is welcome and the bite has been hot.

Hey Dale, No problem buddy. We will hook up:smile2:

Gathering link is:http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13440

7. schefner

schefner New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    Hey Robb,
    thanks for the invite, I am really wanting to make one of these gatherings unfortunately I am already comitted to taking my daughter to Bishop for a graduation fishing trip. I will be watching for the next one tho.

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    No problem Steve:smile2: I know we will have another one before soon. I will keep ya posted. I sure want to get over there at isabela this year. Keep us posted on that lake bro. A lot of big cats over there.

9. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    It looks like it will be a small gathering again.If any brother has a chance to you should make this one,.I dont know but personally I think that the chance to get good food,fellowship,AND a fishing trip makes it worth my only vacation of the year,

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I agree Lloyd. Great food, fellowship and fish. If the turn out is small, I will take you and the others for a night on the river at the honey holes. Big fish every where. The slough is producing cats around 5-8 lb right now and stripes are goin around 20-26 inches. Gonna be a great time again LLoyd:smile2:

11. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i am still hoping to be able to slide down for a day if things go right.

12. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    i plan on being there

13. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    It looks to be perfect weather. So lets plan on a Bar b Que Fri or Sat? We can also do a fish fry as well. I will make up bags of various size egg sinker to pass out to everyone that attends. Only 1 week left:eek:oooh:

14. 2nightfishers

2nightfishers New Member

State:
    Ca.
    We hope to be out there!!!!!!!Can't wait to catch some big cats. Do we need to bring anything?

Let us know Randy & Loretta

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Well what days will most of us be there? We can plan a Potluck maybe Friday evening or Sat evening. Maybe make a list. Here is what I am bringing:

Stove
    2 lanterns
    1 6 man tent
    1 2 man tent
    Small Bar B Que (Smokey Joe)
    Small table
    8x8 E Z Up
    2 Ice chest
    Coffe pot (bring ya'lls thermous)
    Skillets
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????

FOOD:
    5 lb. Carne Asada (marinated in lemon, cilantro and onion) :smile2:
    Brats
    3 dozen corn tortillas
    Big bowl of Salsa
    Corn chip
    Chrizo
    2 dozen eggs
    Coffee
    Cream
    Sugar
    6 gal water
    ?????
    ?????
    ?????

16. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    What Robb no steak and lobster? :dribble:

17. hopnbrly

hopnbrly New Member

State:
    California
    Im not sure if i will show up on friday or saturday that all depends on the work situation and if my wife decides to attend as well.She likes the thought of coming but.She has a aversion to using nature to relieve herself(my little darling is looking over my shoulder so I had to phrase it that way)My dog is a definate show and will sleep next to me in my truck as she has done many times before.Heck that dog has to take care of my drunk butt.As far as what to bring give me some ideas.A durable goods such as charcoal,soda,bugspray,Ect.would help since Im not sure if I am showing up Friday or Saturday.

18. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Here is what is needed so far.....

It also depends on who and when folks show up. Maybe we should just bring what each of us will eat and put it together? What is all your ideas?????

19. cliffey07

cliffey07 New Member

State:
    Redding, California
    hey rob i will not be able to make it i am heading up north thursday after work i forgot about my grandparent 50th wedding anniversary. sorry