Who is in the Heck does Dana White think he Is?

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Dana White has finally come out of the closet and and is starting to show his true colors...for some time now he has been seen as nothing more than fight promoter who cares nothing for his athletes...well check out what he has to say about Chuck Lidell...

“I’ve made it very clear to Chuck. Very clear. It’s not about money, it’s not about this, that. Chuck is one of my good friends. Chuck (has) cemented his legacy in the UFC and in the fight game. I’m not even saying if he wins, unless he looks incredibly impressive (in Montreal) - I mean, he’s going to have to go out there and dazzle me, for me to want Chuck to still fight. I love him, and I don’t want to see what I saw in his last fight ever again.”

Never mind all the money that Chuck has made for this organization over the years!:crazy:

2. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Here's the card for UFC 97 by the way...

Got a few fights that look to be pretty good but I dont think that I would buy it? Some of the non telivised fights are the ones I would want to see!

Main event:
    UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (23-4) vs. Thales Leites (14-1)
    Main card (Televised):
    205 lbs.: Chuck Liddell (21-6) vs. Mauricio Rua (17-3)
    205 lbs.: Brian Stann (6-1) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (16-8-1)
    265 lbs.: Cheick Kongo (13-4-1) vs. Antoni Hardonk (8–4)
    205 lbs.: Luis Cane (9-1) vs. Steve Cantwell (7-1)
    Under card (May not be broadcast):
    205 lbs.: Mike Ciesnolevicz vs. Eliot Marshall
    185 lbs.: Denis Kang (31-11-1) vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokum (20-9)
    185 lbs.: Jason MacDonald (21-11) vs. Nate Quarry (10-3)
    185 lbs.: David Loiseau (18-8) vs. Ed Herman (14-7)
    155 lbs.: Mark Bocek (6-2) vs. David Bielkheden (13-6)
    170 lbs.: Ryo Chonan (16-8) vs. TJ Grant (13-2)
    155 lbs.: Matt Wiman (10-4) vs. Sam Stout (13-5-1)

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Here's the card for UFC 97 by the way...

Got a few fights that look to be pretty good but I dont think that I would buy it? Some of the non telivised fights are the ones I would want to see!
    Main event:
    UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva (23-4) vs. Thales Leites (14-1)
    Main card (Televised):
    205 lbs.: Chuck Liddell (21-6) vs. Mauricio Rua (17-3)
    205 lbs.: Brian Stann (6-1) vs. Krzysztof Soszynski (16-8-1)
    265 lbs.: Cheick Kongo (13-4-1) vs. Antoni Hardonk (8–4)
    205 lbs.: Luis Cane (9-1) vs. Steve Cantwell (7-1)
    Under card (May not be broadcast):
    205 lbs.: Mike Ciesnolevicz vs. Eliot Marshall
    185 lbs.: Denis Kang (31-11-1) vs. Xavier Foupa-Pokum (20-9)
    185 lbs.: Jason MacDonald (21-11) vs. Nate Quarry (10-3)
    185 lbs.: David Loiseau (18-8) vs. Ed Herman (14-7)
    155 lbs.: Mark Bocek (6-2) vs. David Bielkheden (13-6)
    170 lbs.: Ryo Chonan (16-8) vs. TJ Grant (13-2)
    155 lbs.: Matt Wiman (10-4) vs. Sam Stout (13-5-1)

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    The thing is...a professional fighter must remain competitive. Yeah, his name will always draw ticket sales, but a little part of me dies every time I watch Chuck fight. I want to remember the miracle man. The one I could count on to overcome adversity.

What I would like to see Chuck do is take a year off. Maybe train in some BJJ...something. A fighter can no longer stand toe to toe and bang it out in the UFC. All of his fights are basically the same, and that don't get it.

Also, there comes an end to all good things. I don't really think he should retire, but if he is not willing to bring something more to the table, he might as well. There is a new breed of fighter. A true MMA fighter adapted to the unique demands of the UFC. Look at Royce Gracie. Just a phenom, no doubt about it. But it's not enough. Not anymore.

Idunno. I just think Chuck needs to reinvent himself. Bring something to the octagon that nobody expects. Not sure what that should be, but these younger fighters have his number.

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    I haven't seen the Spider fight in a while. He's one of my favs. It's a must-see for me. Maybe Chuck will knock one off too. That would be cool.

6. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Luis Cane (9-1) vs. Steve Cantwell (7-1)

This is gonna be a sweet fight.Both these guys are BMF's!!!!

7. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im looking forward to the McDonald/Quarry fight.

8. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    Im not a huge Liddel fan but I have fought in pro boxing, muay thai, and bbj, so I know what the compitition is soaking in... Everybody and their grandmother was studying Chucks fights and adapted and conquered his simple style... he is a great fighter that hits like a freight train.. he just needs to adjust his style and surprise people. It doesnt help that he had rock star fame and had videos made of his techniques, that is when every fighter in MMA pegged his style and figured out how to beat him, his wild style is pretty easy to counter but hard to judge, enough practice with this style would make it easy to land one on his chin:wink:

9. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Yeah, and he's supposed to be a kick boxer. How surprising would it be if he came out and kicked someone in the head? ...OR used some leg kicks to keep his opponent guessing...or limping? Use those tools now that the huge chain of KOs has been broken. Now he has to win to keep his job. How 'bout Chuck wins by rear naked choke? :smile2: I hope he does something. I want to see him continue, but he won't if he's not willing to improve his arsenal, IMO.

10. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I don't necesarily disagree with the statement Dana made about Chuck.

One, he is the fight promoter and he is trying to build interest on the fight, making it a do or die cause, all out fight for all the marbels. The more people he gets to buy the fight the more money he makes, I can understand that.

Two, Chuck is a legend in the sport, I hate to see a fighter like him being beat by the young guys. I would like for Lidel to have a competitive fight so the public is satisfied with the effort and see a good show. I hate for fighter to stick around too long and just get emberresed everytime they come out. Did you watch De la Hoya's last fight? that is what I hate seeing, a fighter that can't keep up and gets abused in the ring. When is it time to step down and let the young guys come in? when he is brain dead like Ali? If Lidel's body is not up to it, he really should consider retairement, no shame in that, just realize it is time to move on, sit back and enjoy the show.

I think Dana's comment was more like a friend telling him, "listen, there is nothing wrong with moving on if you are not competitive anymore, for whatever reason, age, technic or wahtever". I would appreciate a friend telling me that.

11. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I read part of an article today that was talking about Chuck hinting at wanting to move up to heavyweight...I dont know if that would be the best idea for him considering the guys that are already in that division but then again, the only one who knows for sure would be himself...

12. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    He may have to! that beer gut he has isnt getting any smaller!!!!:smile2::smile2:

13. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Dana is talking carp to get revenue up... and it works. :smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I wouldn't mind seeing Liddell vs Cro Cop in a heavyweight bout

15. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    That would be sweet. Who has Cro Cop fought lately?

16. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    Ditto here Kat. I've been waiting to see the Spider do his thing again for a while. His last fight was a bit dissappointing to me.

17. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Cro Cop has signed a 3 fight deal with the organization that runs DREAM. I have been hearing a lot of talk about Alistair Overeem wantnig to fight him over there. I think it was a good move for Cro Cop to get back to Japan where he had a good run in PRIDE. He's also supposed to fight Fedor possibly in december.

18. Joey6500

Joey6500 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Overeem vs CroCop already happened.It was a no contest cuz Overeem kept kneein him in the balls.It was Dream 6.

He fought Hong Man Choi at K1 dynamite on New Years eve and now he's recovering from knee surgery and he wants to be back fighting by june

19. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    When did they fight? Overeem was talking big trash to hype that fight up too!