Who is fishin this weekend and where

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Apache Flats, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Just curious to know who is fishing this weekend and where????? And most important what fish species will you be after? I will be at Bartlett this weekend for Flats and Channels and maybe if I'm lucky a few bass. It's time to get my first flattie this year no matter how big, I'm starting to lose my patience and thinking I may have to go to my lake I'm used to if I do not catch a flathead soon.:angry:

2. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I will be there tomorrow-Sunday.. I am hoping to get a few flatheads and a little R&R...

* I'll be look'in for ya!

3. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Me. Bartlett.

I haven't decided Friday, Saturday, or both yet. Depends on what the weather does.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    You can't be afraid of a little storm.. They leave as quick as they show up.. And it sure is a nice break from the sun...

I will be there rain or shine.

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i am going fishing on the big blue and hope to catch and beat my pb of 48lbs this weekend

6. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    I'm there no matter what kind of weather we are having. As each month goes by from now through october the fishing gets better and better. Bartlett holds my PB, and I'm coming to get ya !!!!!!! LOL :smile2:

7. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    I REALLY don't want to get struck by lightning.

8. WegsXXI

WegsXXI New Member

State:
    Arizona
    your chances of gettin struck are very slim how many people do you know that have been struck? haha plus lighting here in AZ isnt even bad and like AZFLATS said its gone as soon as it arrives i think you will be ok....

Im headin up to squarro sat doin some fishin in the mornin wakeboarding all day and sunday fish all day long or till i cover my limits :big_smile:

9. Jou

Jou New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Im heading up to rosy for some crappie fishing with the family and gramps who lives up there.

Hopefully I catch any cat this time, itll be my first flattie EVER or first channel of the year =)

Yah, ive been fishing 18 years too and have never targeted Flathead except for at the fair once =P

So wish me luck boyz n girlz!

10. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    Hey Jou, I wish you all the luck in the world to catch your first flattie. Just remember to have patience and don't give up the quest. Live bluegill and/or cutbait such as carp or gillheads/fillets. Have a great time:wink:

11. Jou

Jou New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Roger that, been reading this forum long enough to know many many many many (and so on and so forth) baits that are used for cats =)

Ill get one here soon im sure, now that im actually targeting em =P

12. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    Being in the middle of a lake, in a metal boat, when there is lightning around is not a bright idea.

And even if it doesn't kill you, it REALLY screws you up for life.

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/medical.htm

13. Capt catfish

Capt catfish New Member

State:
    Illinois/Az
    Whomever said the lightning here in Az isnt that bad HAS LOST THEIR MIND.

14. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Thats what I was thinking. Its like being in an artillery barrage during WW I when its bad.

15. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    I am planning to go eads wash on monday or tuesday night below diversion dam on roosevelt hopefully some channel cats around and hungry. i'll give update later.

16. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I ain't no fool, I won't be on the water during a lightning storm... But the storms here pass through as quick as they come in..

* Besides the weather was perfect Friday... I did not stay for Saturday night...
    ~A