Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Who is attending the MO gathering, May 15th-17th?

6K views 62 replies 22 participants last post by  poopdeck [patrick] 
#1 ·
Doesn't seem like a lot of St. Louis area folks are going which seems odd.

Ought to be tons of fun! Got folks coming from all over.

SkipEye, Mrs. SkipEye and the two boys attending.

Who else?

#4 ·
Load the kids up, grab some lawn chairs and come on over guys. It's going to be a great time! Hope to see you all there..... We will be having a Giant feed pot luck supper on Saturday evening at 6:00 pm in the camp ground. You can bring a dish if you want but make sure you bring your appetite boys the food will be awesome.....

Come join us for our 5th annual Brotherhood Of Catfishermen Gathering.

When- May 15th, 16th and 17th. 2009
Where- Harry S. Truman State Park. Racoon Ridge camping area.
The state park is located approx. 5 miles west of Warsaw, Missouri on Truman Reservoir.

Here is a link to Harry S. Truman State Park.
http://www.mostateparks.com/trumanpark.htm

DRAWINGS FOR PRIZES, FISHING CONTESTS, SINKER MAKING, POT LUCK SUPPER, GAMES, CAMPFIRE FELLOWSHIP AND FUN!!!!

ATTENDANCE LIST:
If I missed your name or the number in your party changes please let me know so we can keep track.

Everyone will need to reserve there own camp sites.

TO RESERVE YOUR CAMP SITE:
To make reservations at the Harry S. Truman State Park call 1-877-422-6766
Be sure to specify you want a site in the Racoon Ridge Camping area

Post up when you get your camp sites reserved please.

Spoonfish (6) CAMP SITE # 40
CuzICan & CountryHart (2) CAMP SITE #51
Hope and Zoelife (4) CAMP SITE #38
Bluejay (2) CAMP SITE #48
Michael Jake CAMP SITE #24
Joer
MRR (2) CAMP SITE #49
Kmcalester
Catfish Kenny (4) CAMP SITE #39
Rudeopossum (5) CAMP SITE #32
Cat Tamer (2)
Rusty (3) CAMP SITE #43
Bigcatmaniac
1JimBeam (2)
Farmer
Oh No (2) CAMP SITE #39
Cat Chaser (5)
KC Jayhawk78
JDStraka (2) CAMP SITE #37
Wanda and Ron Barner (2) CAMP SITE #46
Primitivefrn
LEE CAMP SITE#46
Fishingbuddy4 (2) CAMP SITE #42
Medford (3) CAMP SITE #36
Duckalot
Dallas1 (4) CAMP SITE #51
PK Powell (6) CAMP SITE #50
SkipEye (4) CAMP SITE #25
Dennis Boehm
Ozzyso44
Sharon Fleming (2)
Seth
CatmanJeff
BenWebber
Heyop_erator
Kingneck76 (2)
Pitbull33
Huntoften
Angelkitty and Cntryboy (2)
Flathead Steve (2)
Battman1 (2)
Kutter CAMP SITE #24
Beshears (2) CAMP SITE #30
Tim Atwood (3) CAMP SITE #27
Tyrupp CAMP SITE #29

"There will also be two "BIG CATFISH" Contests"

(Kids) contest under 16 years old ...Winner will recieve a custom made BOC mirror from CatfishKenny as well as other great prizes.

(Adult) contest 16 years old and up... Winner will receive a custom made BOC Trophy from Rusty.

The rules are simple and as follows:

Both contests will be on a honor system.
Fish can be caught by any legal method.
Simply get a accurate weight of your biggest catfish and preferably a picture.

Both contest will begin on Friday, May 15th at 3:00 PM.
Both contests will end Sunday, May the 17th at 10:00 AM.

Fishing Contest Prizes will be awarded Sunday May 17th at 10:00 AM in camp ground.

#5 ·
We will also be making sinkers all day saturday in the camp ground. JDStraka will be bringing his two giant plummers furnaces to melt lead along with ever possible molds you can think of.

Bring your molds and melting pots if you prefer but everyone will get plenty of sinkers to take back home.

Did we mention drawings for some super nice prizes.... Saturday during the pot luck supper we will give away some awesome prizes.

Rusty has made a trophy second to none again this year for the fishing contest. I bet the east siders would love to have two of his works of art on there side.... :wink:

Tons of other fun stuff. Oh and the fishin aint too bad either..... :smile2:

Attachments

#6 ·
Glad you brought this up because I totally forgot about it. I'll have to get some stuff planned out and head up that way for a few days. Ed will probably be along with me I'd imagine. Not sure if anybody else will be or not.

Maybe I'll finally catch a fish at the Tailrace this time. :embarassed:

#13 ·
I'm already packed!
My oh my, spread the word for everyone to bring there storm shelters and associated gear. :smile2:

#18 ·
Would love to see a bunch of ya'll there! I love to meet bro's and sis's from the BOC and we have a LOT of fun! Please come be with us for a fun weekend this weekend iffen ya can. Be warned though we are all deranged!

Sorry to invade ya'll 's thread, just wanted welcome ya'll to come to this gathering...the one last year was just great!

#24 ·
Hey Skip what time you pulling out Friday Morning.?????
Yea Cuz I always heard that it likes to rain on [Kutters] parade.Bring your rain gear folks.:smile2: See You all Friday sometime.
Mike Jake & I are headin out Friday mornin also.

Please define "always". I mean, are we talkin weeks, months, years, or childhood tales you heard? Perhaps what you meant was that it "always" rains when I go fishing or to gatherings?
I have been to 6 Gatherings. It not only has never rained on one single one of them, most folks would have welcomed the relief from the heat. I could name at least 5 members here who have gone fishing with me and it did not rain. All said, I would place rain when I fish at only about 85% of the time. As you can see, no where near "always".:wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.