who in ohio is going to the National Gathering??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by hawgmaster, Nov 11, 2009.

1. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    just wondering who in ohio will be going to the national.
    i myself will be going!

2. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im not for sure yet. Who knows what will come up before then. BUT if its just in kentucky...there is no reason not to go...its so close it just makes sence...So i prolly will! Hopefully get to meet some fellow boc brothers...

3. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    planning on going if i can get it situated who want to carpool ???

4. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    It would be great to see some Ohio representation at the National. I grew up in Ohio and had a blast.

This event only comes around once every few years, and is something you dont want to miss, if you can make it happen.

5. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I plan on being there. Already have the date set aside. I have to give up my yearly salmon fishing trip but it will be worth it.

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    If Skip attends, I'll be there.

Kentucky Lake is only 2 hours from where my parents live.

7. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    You know what I think? This state has more folks that say they will show up for an event than ever do.
    How do I know do you ask? I've been on here for over 10 years.
    Every time we have a sinker making session, or an Ohio Gathering, 1% of registerd Ohio members ever show up.

I see you guys every day, posting and postulating, but when the chips are down, no one wants to stand up except the guys here in central Ohio.
    It makes me kinda sad.

Over in PA it seems like they are united, as a state.

Why can't the folks in the southwest, northeast, south, and north join those of us in the middle?

8. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio

I totally agree. I went to the may meyhem gathering this spring. I wasnt that friendly and open when there and i appologize. But in my defense i had just joined the BOC like a month previous and didnt know you guys real well...Now its different. I wanna meet as many as possible now. I totally agree with what skip is saying too. Why cant we unite as a state and do great things? I dont know how we would do it BUT if someone comes up with someone good then im in.

9. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    are you buying the beer bro :wink::smile2::cool2:

10. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I was at the 1st National gathering in 2006 and quite simply, it was life altering. I will be there and encourage everyone to go.

11. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Skip, I hope you don't exaggerate your fish weights as much as your time on here! lmao :smile2::smile2::smile2:
    It is true though, we always have a bunch of no shows, but think about this, if we cant get them to travel in the state, how in the heck will we get them to travel out of it? :roll_eyes::eek:oooh::crazy:

12. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    Your both right. Out of 3 get togethers we have had in this part of the state in the past 2 years we have no one from any other part of the state show up, although we do have participation from Michigan members. I remember asking if you guys could have one in a more central part of the state instead of eatern central part of the state. The reply I got was if you don't like it have your own. So we did start having our own and always have open invites to all members.
    It's easy to gripe about the guys who don't show because it's a 3 or 4 hour drive one way when you live within an hour of it.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  13. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    So Skip, are you committing to the National? You weren't there at the last one. Netman and I were.

Regardless, Guys, this is indeed the greatest gathering of lovers of catfishing on earth. Don't miss it if you can help it. Carpool, hitch, ride the rails. It is like an Ohio gathering on steroids. You will meet people in person, people you talk to everyday online, perhaps for the ONLY time in your life. I am telling you, it can CHANGE your life!

14. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I may be wrong but I think I first saw the BOC in 98 or 99.
    Am I off that much? Maybe it was 2000. I dunno, lol. I'm gettin too old to remember past this year lol. Is this what it"s like for you and shawn?

15. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    No, sadly I won't be able to attend. I saw that you guys were there and had a good time at the last one. I can't wait till I get the oppurtunity to attend one myself.
    There are so many folks on here from around the country that I'd like to meet.

P.S. In the meantime if you want to go out fishing for flathheads this fall gimme a call. I think I can squeeze one more spot outta Ben. lol

16. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm pretty much booked up that weekend, already have the vacation time off for it. If for some reason those plans fall through, highly unlikely, but I'll have to make my way to the gathering.

17. bullfish

bullfish Member

State:
    dunkirk ohio
    i have been here sence apr.and havent seen any gatherings. i have made theads to such .you guys mite try and post them more often. us newbies would like to come to them.:tounge_out::tounge_out:

18. loanwizard

State:
    Coshocton,
    You have only missed one in Ohio which was in May. Go to the main forum and then click on Ohio and you will see a concentration of ...uh... Ohioans...:wink:

Welcome to the BOC!

19. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Check this part of the BOC if it has not been posted in the Ohio section

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=199

Welcome to the BOC

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Miss the NG2??

I will walk there if I have to. The NG1 was such a blast!! I met so many great people and the BOC is more like family then just internet people you chat with.

I encourage everyone that can go to make the trip.