Who here rides a motorcycle?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by East, Jul 14, 2006.

1. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm new here and curious who here rides, by any chance anyone ride a Suzuki Intruder? :big_smile_2:

2. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Your last three posts all say you have 10 posts. Something is wrong. You may want to do a trouble ticket. It's in red at the top of each page.
    Anyway, my wife has a bike! It's a Honda Rebel. I ride it more than she does anymore.

3. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I have had about a dozzen of them through out the years! My last one was a Kawasaki police kz1000! I love to ride, but not sure if I will get another one. Too many crazy drivers and I have had my share of close calls!

4. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I rode them off and on for 40 plus years, now I'm reduced to riding one of two mopeds that we have. Oh, how far I've fallen.
    Bill

5. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I ride. I'm a Harley guy though, but I will ride anyhting. Too much money for my pocket right now so I only ride when I can borrow from my uncle or my girlfrids brother...Luckily thats about once a week!

6. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Lookin' into a Harley Sportster right now, but that'll be my first bike.

-Red

7. East

East New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i will have a H.D. (High Dollar:big_smile: ) someday, gotta get some stuff paid off first and get a couple more jobs!!!:lol:

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    yelp and the stories I could tell. Old school

9. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I did until last fall. Sold a Honda VTX 1300S It was Black and chrome.

Pete

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I'm kind of in the same boat as porboy... except I didn't get to graduate to mopeds..:lol: My 1st ride was a 1963 HD FLH which I ended up having to sell to pay the taxes on my house. My last bike was a yamaha venture royale that I dumped in the Badlands heading for Sturgis. Got it beat back together and went home. Never did make it to Sturgis. Been so long ago...:big_smile: I don't even have a license anymore...:sad2:

11. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    I rode a sporster then I got a lowrider I started in 72 and went on till 04 then this kid was not watchen what he was doing and went past a stop sign and tboned me he had min cover I now am a below the knee amputee and on ssd got past the pain and got a new leg I miss my bike

12. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    I have owned many.

1972 Yamaha XS 650
    1977 Yamaha xs 650
    1977 Suzuki GS 750
    1981 Yamaha xj 750 Virogo
    1982 Honda Goldwing Aspencade 1100
    1998 Suzuki 800 Maurader
    2000 Honda Saber 1100
    Can't remember the rest. LOL

13. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The darndest I ever saw was in Liberty, MO. I saw this motorcycle cruising down a frontage road along the highway. There was no one on the bike, but the operator was driving it from a platform attached like a sidecar and on this platform was the guy in a wheelchair. Now that was a hardcore biker...:big_smile:

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I rode a rigid frame for many years and then it was taken away from me by a 120 lb blonde headed devil that "made" me marry her. lol

15. EsoxJohnny

EsoxJohnny New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I've had a '94 CBR 600 F2, an '01 CBR 600F4I, and a '00 CBR 929.

16. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Rode many years but never again, body couldn't handle it now. Last two was a Honda 550 and before it was a 1946 Knucklehead, but it burnt up in a fire, gulp no insurance sitting in the shed. Poof and it's gone, probably a good thing, was getting way out of control, probably would have been dead by now. Booze, drugs and wild times, don't really seem like a good time anymore other than the long rides.

17. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Would like to get one soon, I like the Hond VTX 1800, its alot of bike, would also like to build a chop from an old harley frame

Aaron

TA2D

18. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Sporty 883 and a Dyna WG, just ordered an electra glide from the PX.

I am riding for veterans when I get back!

MAJ D

19. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Long time ago I had a Honda 350, then a 650, then a 750, almost bought a $20,000 HD but good thing I didn't, got laid off the following week!
    Had a "KaWa" LTD 1000 with a slight front rake that was Black with Gold trim and Gold Chromed and the engine was "tweaked" just a wee little bit:roll_eyes: by a Dear Friend/Brother that was on the professional racing circuit. I LOVED That One! And talk about a "Chic Magnet"!! WhooooooHooooooooo!!! It was about as good as my First and Second TransAm I had.!!
    But, about 25 years ago my Dear Friend/Brother had a drunk woman cross the centerline on a curve going out of town on what was going to be his last ride down to FL before he married his Lady Friend and settled down and raised a family.
    To make the long story short, he ended up a vegetable t-that did not even remember me or his parents. I, ... I lost most of my interest in riding and sold the bike. Tried riding again about 10 years later, but just could not get "back in the saddle" so to speak. Just never found anyone that I cared, ... loved as much as I did my Dear Friend/Brother and it's was not anyone's fault but mine; I just would not let myself care about someone like that again! That is, until I met my wife ten years ago! It's been Heaven on Earth since then and I am the LUCKIEST Man on the Planet with her in my life!!!:big_smile:
    I still keep my Motorcycle Endorsement on my drivers license, ... just in case I ever had to ride one for some kind of emergency, maybe where someone's life was on the line, and did not have a car/truck to use.
    But now, at my age, {along with a few other things} and seeing how more and more people are driving so, ... So Ridiculously STUPID nowadays, I think that, most likely, I will stay behind the wheel of our 2007 Ford F-150 that we are ordering next week!
    It hard to find a place to ride where you don't have to be so on the DEFENSIVE that even if I did start riding again, I think I would ride in a "Convoy" for a little more protection from STUPID car/truck drivers. And even that would still be no real guarantee of safety.
    And, I'm sorry, I'm going to step on a few toes here, but with what I see so many young men, AND Women too, doing on their "Crouch Rockets" in St. Louis rush hour traffic on the 270 loop, ... well, I hope they enjoy what little is left of their lives because just about every day on the local news channels someone is getting killed on a bike or worse, maimed for life as in paraplegic or even Quadriplegic. At least in my truck, I have a steel cage around me and my wife. And, we will have a big moon roof too!:roll_eyes: :smile2: We both agree on that idea.
    But, in all fairness, Yes, I had them and I ENJOYED the H*LL outta them too! :big_smile: Had some really GREAT times!!!:big_smile: But looking back, I was lucky in that I never got seriously hurt. Call it quick reflexes, great riding skills, and some kind of "Divine" intervention on my behalf.
    Sorry this got so long winded!:embarassed: I almost didn't post it, but then again, there was a "little voice" that said "go ahead and post it". I guess because somehow, someone, will get some good out of this post!
    To ALL of you that still ride; say your prayers, stay on the Defense when riding;ALWAYS!! Wear your protection; ALL OF IT! Keep your skills upgraded. You may have been riding for years and years, but a "tune up" course once on a while, or an "improve skills course", using the bike you ride is not such a bad idea!
    I hope this post Helps Someone; I SINCERELY DO! Because I don't ever want to hear that a Brother or Sister was injured permanently or seriously, or killed, by some STUPID car/truck driver! It would Break My Heart to hear such a SAD thing happened to one of the Best Fishermen/Fisherwomen in the World!
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Message]]]]]

20. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i used to ride but since my accident my wife wont let me buy another one