Who here fishes the Red River?

Discussion in 'MINNESOTA RIVERS TALK' started by Kelo80, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Kelo80

Kelo80 New Member

State:
    SW MN
    Id love to take a trip up there this summer and hit some of those nice channels.

2. hanson

hanson New Member

State:
    Plymouth, MN
    Yeppers...

Fish it quite a bit in the summer months.

Just got my registration in for the Cat's Incredible Tournament in Grand Forks. Lottery drawing is the beginning of March to fill the field of 150 teams.

Also plan to fish the Red River Valley Catfish Club Tourney 2 weeks before the Incredible.

And of course, a bunch of "fun" trips up there as well.

My best trip last summer was 650lbs of cat (45 total) over 2 days. We had 5 cats at 20lbs and 1 at 21lbs.

You don't have to be an expert to fish the Red. Dump you boat in, fish "fishy" looking structure, and you'll catch fish. Most fish are relating to outside bends (holes), some in the bumpy runs, and wood.

Cut Sucker, Cut Goldeye, and Frogs are all good baits at various times of the year.

If you are looking for big fish, fish Grand Forks area and north to the border.

3. brian

brian New Member

State:
    minneasota
    When is the red river valley catfishing tourney

4. hanson

hanson New Member

State:
    Plymouth, MN
    July 28, 2007

7am-3pm

5. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I think I may have to check that one out this year, sounds like good fishing.

6. REANDI NAKE

REANDI NAKE New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Hey u guys new to this site and lovin it it the more i come on here i was wondering how to i get registered for this red river tournemnt if ne one would let me know i would appreciate it thanks.