Who has the oldest boat motor on the board in use

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by Chance, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Chance

Chance New Member

State:
    United states
    Who on this board has the oldest boat motor in use not stored on every trip on this forum and who made it .Come on guys bring out them old reliables

2. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    I have an old 1960 Johnson 2hp that has a foldable transom and fits in a carrying case and it still works as good as the day it was made.

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    welp it sounds like i loose, i have a 79 evinrude, still runs great though

4. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    I have a 1964 Mercury 650 (65HP) on a 1966 15' Glastron. No tilt & trim, but the motor runs like a 90 horse.

5. mudkat

mudkat New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    i bought a boat for my uncle that has a 1960 50hp mercury. runs like a beast

6. Doesn't qualify as it is not in use at the moment. 1954 model Johnson 25hp. Runs like a top but needs a tiller handle and prop so it was set up until I get around to it. I have run it regularly for three years though.

7. Lil Hooker

Lil Hooker New Member

State:
    Your BackYard BOO
    my oldest motor that I recently gave to a buddy which is still running, was a 40hp 1957 evinrude still really strong and very reliable.

8. edward361

edward361 New Member

State:
    Shiner Tex
    I have a 1954 johnson on a 1954 Lonestar boat 10hp. Still use it on the Brazos sitting and running lines

9. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I have a 1970 Chrysler 70hp doorstop

10. BIGCAT DADDY 71

BIGCAT DADDY 71 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    i have 1956 evinrude 15hp and 1966 mercury 6hp.

11. Pogo

Pogo New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I have a 1941 Johnson 2 1/2 hp that my Dad bought when I was a wee tyke.

I use it regularly on a 16 ft canoe I built when I was 16 and though I have to make carb floats out of corks when they finally sink (every 3 years or so), it runs fine.

Was asked just the other day if I'd like to donate it to a small musem that a local Marina has set up. Since I'm also thinking of selling both canoes, I may just do that.

12. Kennie G

Kennie G New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Up until a year ago I was useing a GOODYEAR outboard don't know how old I'm guessing early 50's. It is old enough that you wrap the cord to start it around the top of the motor by hand. I think I got it hot if anyone has any advice what to do with it I'm open to suggestions.

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I have a 66 ,40h evinrude Bigtwin on a 66 crestliner. great combo. I love that old engine.

14. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    My friend has a motor in the 60's and works good. I won't use it though cause I would like more reliability.

15. Cody

Cody New Member

State:
    South Dakota
    I use a a 1958 7.5 horse power johnson sea horse on my 14 ft jon boat and it works good. Bought it from my neighbor who said it has less than 50 hrs on it.

16. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    I have a '56 Evinrude Big Twin 30hp that River Scum & I brought back to life. I've only had it out once but it runs great & I plan to use it regularly once I get a few other minor details worked out with the boat.

17. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    mine is only a 1970?

18. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I have a 57 Evinrude 5hp (or is it 5.5? I forget) that purrs like a kitten! We use it often!