Who Has Never Fished With Another Local BOC Member? Why?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Tulcat, May 16, 2006.

1. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Who has never fished with another local BOC member (not counting people you knew before you joined)? And more importantly, why?

This is not only a great place to make online friends, but also a place to gain new fishing buddies to teach your secrets to as you learn a few new ones yourself.

Myself (not counting all the great people I met at Keystone1 and members from the original BOC board), I have met Capt. Theory (Josh) at a L&D (I was not fishing that day as I was still recooping from the flu) and have fished with Catfishcentral (Chris).

Both meetings were benificial. From Josh I learned a few of the ins and outs for fishing the L&D, and from Chris I got too many pointers to detail, but my favorite was with 10 seconds of looking at one of his jugs, I had an instant improvement to my jugs that allowed me to cut my time invested by 10% with no sacrifice in adaptability or fishability.

Now is the time to make a new fishing buddy and spread the wealth of catfishing info!

Who is your new fishing buddy?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    All of the people that I fish with are B.O.C. members. My wife is not a member and she does not fish! Mac, tinboat, coach, and m.a.p. all have fished with me. There are a few more that I can not remember. oh just thought of one, Seedtick I hate posting info like this because I always forget someone, I do not wont anyone to get angery with me.:embarassed: :embarassed:

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am still relatively new to BOC, which is an awsome site by the way!

It is starting to warm up here in Iowa finally. Had some less than favorable weather for the last while. With better conditions on the way, I as looking forward to meeting and fishing with some of the Iowa bretheren this Spring.

4. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    There are plenty of you all that I can't wait to fish with. My first opportunity will be when I attend the PA gathering next month.

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    So far, I haven't been able to fish with a fellow brother:cry:

However, the Keystone Gathering will be here before we know it and my wife will get to meet several brothers. Then she will feel more comforatable with me going fishing with them!!!! :big_smile_2: :haha: :ah: :still_dreaming: :boss:

6. pursuing_cats

pursuing_cats New Member

State:
    Clarksville,Tennessee
    I have yet to fish with any BOC members except those that were already friends that I turned onto the BOC. I am attending the National Gathering and look forward to fishing with all of you. If the time does not allow time for fishing than just being with you all and sharing stories will do just fine with me.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I hope to get to fish with some of the brothers from OH or here in KY this summer.I haven't really found anyone close to me but I may have to make a trip soon.

8. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I just haven't been able to hook up with anybody yet. Always wantin' to go fishing. Stuck on the bank for the time being, but all anyone has to do is let me know they want to go. Who can have enough friends?

9. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Whoops I forgot that while I have not fished with Tony, I did meet him long enough to share some spoonbill fillets and caviar with him.

10. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I have yet to fish with a BOC member but in my neck of the woods there aren't a lot of catfisherman and when I go to Missouri I'm pretty much working on the place and only get to fish a little. That will have to come to an end, I think I have things backwards plus we now have the place fairly decent and I can concentrate on lowering the water level on LOZ a bit by removing fish.lol So you guys on Lake of the Ozark, if you go out one morning and your dock is sitting on mud, you know I had a good night fishing. Sometimes I just kill myself.lol :big_smile:

11. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Sounds like it is time for you to make a BOC fishing buddy who owns a boat!:0a24:

Just don't forget to offer to help on the gas every now and then.

12. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

I don't count. I'm a figment of your imagination. A nightmare if you will.

Seriously, I've met both Jim [Tulcat] and Mike aka jholl949.

Hope to meet Deerhunter *(aka great great great great grandpappy)* if he is able to make it to Keystone!

13. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

I have read posts around here where you actually fishing does appear to be figments of imagination, LOL.

:eek:oooh:

14. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Bill Ol Buddy:confused2: ...on your end of the lake it should not take to many cats to lower the lake on this end...LMAO....You have some HUGE cats down your way! But ya really should consider investing in rock solid rod holders fer ya dock:roll_eyes: ...LOL

I have never fished with another member yet but then I just joined the site in Jan 06. Since I don't have a boat and fish on other peoples docks...it's pretty hard to invite others. But someday I hope to share the bank and good stories with some folks I have met on here...great bunch of folks.:big_smile:

15. TDawgNOk

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

seems to be a figment of mine most of the time. lol

16. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well I got a long list of people I have fished with from the site it might be better to say the ones I have not fished with..lmao

Tulcat you are one of them so when are we going fishing ? lol I am also looking forward to fishing with River scum he is not too far from me now and we should be able to hook up here some day soon.

I was on the board about 1 Month and set up a meeting with wolfman and met him one night and we fished together and thats the night Ryan went with me the first time catfishing and he got his first flathead at 15 Pounds now me and the wolfman stay in touch with each other all the time, we don't get to fish with each other anymore due to my move to the south west here but we still stay in touch with each other.

Can anyone imagine having H20 Mellon as your new fishing partner, its pretty bad to put up a link on this site to get them to fill out applications to fish with you..I hear he is starting to pay people to fish with him now..LMAO

17. tatersalad

tatersalad New Member

State:
    Clover, SC
    I'd be glad to help out with gas, or I've got an extra chair for the bank!

:big_smile:

After driving a desk and PC all day / all week, all i want to do is get outside, wet a line, and have a good time.

Seriously, one of the great things about the BOC is that you KNOW that the folks on here share at least a love of fishing with you. And there is a better than even chance that you are talking to someone who doesn't have any trouble looking in the mirror of a morning.

Thanks to all who make the BOC possible, and what it is. Dang, now i'm gonna have to get me one of those stars.........

18. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

Deerhunter,
    You have a good point that there are many more on the board that I have not fished with that I would like to...too many to count. If I ever make it down your way I'll be sure to look you up for a trip, and we'll see what we can catch. If you make it to Keystone, I'll be there, but my job situation is so shaky I can't plan far enough ahead to be able to commit one way or another for the National gathering.

19. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Tulcat :

I would really love to make it too Keystone, and If I can I will be there but wont be bringing my boat , at the price of gas it would kill me on that trip.
    Looked up the mileage to Keystone the other day at it was at:

Total Est. Distance: 593.42 miles

If I can pull it off I will be there. If not maybe we could get a bunch of us to meet halfway somewhere and cut it down to a 300 mile trip each way to save on some driving money. Just to get together and fish. Of course we could get Tony to put some of that money he has thats molding in his wallet to pay for us all to get there..LMAO

20. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

From what I hear Tony has not spent any of his fishing budget for many years, so he can probably comp us all on the gas as long as we loan him a rod.

I think my nephew has outgrown his Snoopy Pole, so we are probably covered. :lol:

Meeting somewhere halfway sounds like a good plan to me, we should try to get that figured out sometime.

If you make it to Keystone, I'm sure at least once if not more I can squeeze you onto my boat for an outing (not all sure yet who is joining me for sure).