Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've fallen into the creek a couple of times in my life, I must admit. Today was a close call...

I was catching creek chubs to use as cutbait but needed to fill the bucket with water, down a cliff. On my stomach, I could barely reach the water with the pail. I didn't think that through, since the bank was at an angle toward the creek, I couldn't get up. On my right was a bucket of water hanging in the creek, and on my left a large patch of Stinging Nettles. And every time I moved I slid closer to the creek. I made it without getting wet, but needless to say I have a terrible case of Nettles rash...

Anybody have a home cure for Nettles rash? I've tried vinegar and Benadryl cream, but those did nothing. My arms feel like electric fire.

·
Banned
626 Posts
I've fallen into the creek a couple of times in my life, I must admit. Today was a close call...

I was catching creek chubs to use as cutbait but needed to fill the bucket with water, down a cliff. On my stomach, I could barely reach the water with the pail. I didn't think that through, since the bank was at an angle toward the creek, I couldn't get up. On my right was a bucket of water hanging in the creek, and on my left a large patch of Stinging Nettles. And every time I moved I slid closer to the creek. I made it without getting wet, but needless to say I have a terrible case of Nettles rash...

Anybody have a home cure for Nettles rash? I've tried vinegar and Benadryl cream, but those did nothing. My arms feel like electric fire.
You forgot to tell us, did ya get any chubs after all that?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
never fallin into the creek but steped on some bad ice and went into the lake. As for the nettles try benadryl cream for the rash and pills for the itching. Good luck.

smokey

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I have fallen in creeks, lakes, and rivers but what I take the most pride in is
busting my a$$ on that slime on concrete boat launches. If I had had a panel
of judges I would have scored all 10s several times.LOL

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FYI, I used a sun burn gel I had that contains aloe vera and lidocaine to put out the nettles fire. I've had to reapply it a couple of times as the lidocaine seems to wear off. Until I discovered that I was considering whether going in the creek might have been an ok alternative to the nettles.

·
Registered
7,655 Posts
I went in the lake one time when some type of big fish pulled in my dad's rod with a live bluegill for bait. Probably a cat or a monster bass. I didn't find the rod. That is, until a month later I snagged it. Top section of the rod was missing, and the reel was ruined already.

Another plant to avoid is smartweed. If you wipe your eyes after handling smartweed your eyes will burn for hours.

Never fell in the creek but I went in after a rod that a carp decided he liked. LOL! Got the rod and the fish. LOL!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Back when i duck hunted alot, it seemed that i was wet more than dry.:angry:
Yup, did that this winter. 20degrees and a blizzard blowing in, i got both feet caught up under a submerged branch. I was lucky the water was only knee deep, and i had taken my coat off so i didn't get overheated while wading. Thank God for quick people to help me up, i kept falling forward everytime i tried to stand up.....only thing that got wet was my arms from the elbow down. So yes, technically i've fallen in before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.