Who has been a member for the longest?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by YeeHaw, Mar 21, 2006.

1. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    I was wondering who is the member who has been a member for the longest.

2. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    i would reckon to say catfish comando since its his site lol.

3. YeeHaw

YeeHaw New Member

State:
    Quincy Illinois
    Other than him. lol

4. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Great Question, TY

To add to it I'd like to know the 10 longest that are active plz?

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I'm courious about that myself. When I joined, there were fewer than 200 members, and this wasn't the largest catfishing site on the web.

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Jerry, you invited me back then. (Yep, it was his fault, so blame him)
    SciFi, Rat & Lakeman were the only Moderators back then.
    Hmmm, perhaps Beatcat and Badkarma were here then too. I can picture the face of one more that still is here, but can't remember his name.
    Back then, I read every post every day. Only took a half hour or so even answering most posts. I remember the first time I saw that in one day, the new posts were over 100. Couldn't believe it.
    Jerry, you were at the first Gathering down by you at Lake Dardenelle. Give us some more names.

7. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I know Slimey and Rat are a couple of the greats that where around when I became a member.

8. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    You should change the subject of this post to "Who has been a member for the longest?"

People might get the wrong idea. LOL

Surely, Paul must have the most longevity.

9. Jesse168

Jesse168 Member

State:
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Kutter

You, Cornhusker, and I all came in at the same time along with Sci-Fi. That was back in when Carp Net was going down. I know on the old (last Board) board before this last update it showed my time started Feb 2002. We were here way before that...Feb 2002 was when this site got the name changed to BOC if I remember correctly. Paul will have to clearify that.

As you stated it didn't take any time at all to check messages for the day and it was all catfishing. Everything was more personal and one on one.

Jesse

10. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    When I joined in either 2001 or 2002 and the oldest members I remeber are Paul, Slimey, JBP, SCI FI, Cornhusker, Rat, DH, Jtrew and Im sure a bunch that Im forgetting

11. rodpod

rodpod New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    I think it was JW, he told me he grew up on the BOC.

12. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Does anyone remember Paul with a shoulder strap and 2 pistols LOL
    I joined when there was just a few members. Then they swaped servers and lost them. Took a while to get back. Jerry T got me back on then.
    Pete

13. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Pete, I remember that profile of Paul very well. JPB's profile was with his long beard and looked mean but he was just a fantastic fellow. The BOC has sure changed a lot since then.

14. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Yeah I remember when JPB first joined and showed that Picture of himself. Most of us were a bit scared to talk to him with a pic like that. Looked like he could go postal at any second. LOL Then I met him in person at the first Gathering and found out he was the exact oppisite of the picture. I sure miss him. He had one of the biggest hearts I have ever known. Rest in Peace Brother, we will never forget ya.

15. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    JW had to be here the longest, I mean just the other day he was telling me how he along w/ Al Gore invented the internet ;) . If I recall correctly, Good Ole JW said he 1st had to creatw a website that showed his true fishing side 1st & that of coarse was , then he started on the BOC. :p

16. Hootowlc3

Hootowlc3 New Member

State:
    Florida
    Member sense May 2002

17. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    I think I joined in March 2002 and attended the first gathering at Lake Dardnell. That is when I first met Jtrew.Badkarma,Jesse,Kutter,Jpb, and I'm sure I am forgetting somebody else...

18. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    I been around awhile! Time flys when your having fun!

19. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I didn't come around in the old forum until July 2004.

I remember always reading Sci-Fi's posts...and KNOWING that this guy had it goin' on. He was extremely knowlegable when it came to catfishing and life in general....and I would have loved to have met the man.

I miss JPB's explosive posts in the HI area...and Firestarter on the old forum. He too was a very savvy and intelligent man.

Cornhusker is another one whose posts that I always enjoyed reading....but don't see him around much anymore.

That's a good question...Who besides Paul...is the member who's been around the longest?

20. Rat

Rat New Member

State:
    Forrest Illinoi
    Of the currently active members, I would say it's Bearcat.
    Rat