Who fishes the Harpeth River?

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by catman529, Nov 24, 2006.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I fish the Harpeth year-round, about 3 times a week during the summer. It is a great place to fish for bass, catfish and my second favorite fish - gar. Anybody live near the Harpeth? Let me know where and what you catch.

Thanks

Catman

2. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What part of the harpeth river do you fish. I heard a guy I used to work with say there was a few spots with monsters. It must be a little bigger or deeper in a few spots.

3. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Near Franklin. Carp and buffalo top around 15lbs. Never caught one though. This coming spring I will try to get them when they are feeding alot. How big are the "monsters" you heard about? channel cats get up to about 5lb, as far as I know. The deepest spot I know of is about 7-8ft deep.

4. Jamey

Jamey New Member

State:
    Pegram, Tennessee
    The Harpeth DOES have some monster flats, at least around here (anywhere from the Bellevue/Pegram area to the mouth on the Cumberland). I try to fish & float it pretty regularly during the summer months.

Can't say I've ever fished it in Franklin, although that may change in another month or so - did you know TWRA is going to stock it with winter trout @ the Franklin City Park?

5. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I had no idea of any stocking. I guess the trout will just die off in the summer? Thanks for the update. Do you think some of those flats could have made it this far upstream?