Who fishes Lake Springfield?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by lookinfurabiggun, Jun 14, 2009.

1. lookinfurabiggun

lookinfurabiggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Anyone who is in the springfield area, and would like to do some fishing let me know. There is also a monthly buddy tourney. The next tournament is July 18th. For anyone who is interested and didnt know.

2. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    I've been out there chasing White Bass for the freezer last couple weekends...
    I haven't hit the cats out there in a little while...

3. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    whats the odds of getting a blue out of there from the bank

4. lookinfurabiggun

lookinfurabiggun New Member

State:
    Illinois
    The odds arent nearly as good as going to the mississippi, but I have done it and seen it done from the bank.

5. whiskerkat

whiskerkat New Member

State:
    illinois
    ok.how about some spots for catching flatties.i use live gills..problem isi have no boat,so its shoreboundfor me.

6. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have heard of two blues total being caught from the bank. The flatties want some cover coming out of deep water. He caught his at the green pipe. There are a couple of spots I will tell you tom madonia park and cotton hill for flatties. Have also seen a couple of flatheads pulled out by lindsay bridge in shad nets and on rod and reel. Pulled a 15 pd fish out with my net and saw two others yesterday so they are middle depth in the rocks right now. If anyone wants to go fishing let me know I will be out there anyways. YOU KNOW JOHN???? I have seen that big fish picture before