Who Fished This Week-end???

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by river1214rat, May 25, 2009.

1. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    River's down, decent weather, who fished this Memorial Day Week-End??? I fished from the bank Fri, Sat, and Sun. Very Muddy, but a little mud never hurt anyone. Heck some people pay to get mud bathes!! :roll_eyes:

The flatties were hitting on nightcrawlwers; so were striped bass and drums. Not great fishing, but not bad either. Fished at night time until 1:30 am or 2:00 am each night. Each night, a huge beaver swims the shoreland going downstream around 9:00 p and comes back up river around midnight. Must have a lady friend he's courting around Otter Creek!
    I was sitting on the beach last night with a wooded area to my back.

Post your fishing results and let us see how you did. Hope everyone has had a good week-end . . .:big_smile:

Linda

2. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Bluegill fished @ Wilgreen with kids a couple dozen eates.

3. Big Game

Big Game New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We fished the Salt River @ West Point for our first time. Fished from about 3 til 8pm or so on Sunday

My buddy and I were using shrimp, cut bait and nightcrawlers. We got several pull downs but no takers fishing bottom and just off the bottom

Do you usually use floats or fish bottom in this area??

Thanks in advance for any help

4. bnt55

bnt55 New Member

State:
    Northern KY
    fished Big Bone area on Saturday with no takers. Not sure where the cats are.

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    A friend and I fished Cave Run Lake Friday night. I caught one small channel on 1 of my new(to me) 6500's with Trophy Class rod set ups. It was nice to catch something on it the first time I took it out. I also had a decent run on a small bluegill but it never really took it fully. All and all, I had a nice time!!

6. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I fished cannelton on sunday, took a chance with the weather and it paid off. We used cut skip jack and fished most of the day about 100 ft from the dam. We caught 2 flatheads between 8-10 pounds, 1 channel about 2 pounds and a nice healthy blue about 15 pounds. The guys were killing strippers from the rocks, every person I saw had a stringer full in an hour or less. I lost a big one on a faulty leader clasp, never saw it and didn't get it even close to the boat! Lost an even bigger one closer to the dam and it got off and not sure why other than a bad hook set. The water was still a bit dirty and still a little high but by far better than the last few weeks! The skips were jumping and so was a long slender fish with a spotty tail(not sure what it was !) Cannelton never disappoints when mother nature is cooperating!

7. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    WENT OUT SATURDAY WITH CATMAN ..WE WERE GONNA PUT THE BOAT IN BUT IT STARTED LIGHTNING AT THE RAMP SO WE BANKFISHED DIDN'T GET A SIGLE TAKER.

8. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    We fished williamstown lake thursday night.Started slow but picked up towards morning.Caught 13 with the biggest being a 16 pound flat.Also went to Ky river Saturday caught 5 with a 20 and a 33 pound flats the biggest.Nice weekend for fishing.

9. Capn Crunch

Capn Crunch New Member

State:
    Lexington,
    My wife and I tried the Ohio yesterday. We were going to fish from Cox Park in Louisville, but there were dead bass floating around shore. They looked pretty sickly too (well, even for dead fish). Lots of floating trash too. We abandoned that idea and drove around looking for another spot.

We did head across the bridge and fished the Falls for awhile. We headed out when the rain started making the fossil bed dangerously slippery. Never did get a bite. Still a fun day overall!!

John, long and slender with a spotty tail, eh? That sounds like a spotted gar.

10. Big Game

Big Game New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    A couple nice cats there. What section of Ky River did you hit??

11. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Fished Cannelton,Owensboro,day,night,skipps,shad,with friends,by myself and got the same results everytime.1 dang fish for about every 5 hrs on the river:angry::angry:,could of been worse,thats the chance you take in this crazy cat habit.:confused2::confused2: Weather was good :big_smile:and got to spend some time with friends.:big_smile:

12. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    hawesville friday am out with araon no fish very slow bites.owensboro friday night out with wife ,my boy sister in law's girl. 10 cats from 5lbs to 17lbs.sat night me,my boy brother inlaw and his girl.4 cats a drum and a bufflo. had 1 good takedown broke the line.

13. kevins

kevins New Member

State:
    Louisville, KY
    I fished the Falls of the Ohio Saturday and caught one 2lb channel and 1 5lb blue using shrimp. I went again Monday and did not get any bites using skipjack.

I was debating on going down to West Point Monday, I think I will next time.

14. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    went out sat during the day from 7-3 caught 10 cats. 4 flats, 3 blues, 3 channels. biggest being a blue around 18lbs flat was about 15lb had alot of good take downs. caught most drifting around 30 ft of water. was alone so it made the drifting tuff. missed alot of heavy fish. had 1 big fish on but i never got to see him. took me awhile just to get him off bottom. then he shot straight up and slacked my line then ran again and he came unhooked. it was a great day. i fished owensboro area.

15. jkm4874ford

jkm4874ford New Member

State:
    Bowling Green,
    Went out Saturday night on Barren River Lake at Port Oliver and caught one 2 lb. channel on a limb line thats all all night. We fished the rip rap at the dam and a couple of creek channels and drop offs with no luck. From these reports you were either in them good or not at all.

The water is still really high it was level with the bottom of no swimming sign and way up in the trees.

16. John Jennings

John Jennings New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I see that the weekend trend was a lot of takedowns across the board. The big ones are active, but I guess you can also say you don't get that big by beeing dumb!:big_smile:

17. crazyKat

crazyKat New Member

State:
    kentucky
    going out tomorrow (wednsday) all day. i will let ya know what happens. going to go out in owensboro. been fishing hawesville,henderson, and owensboro and the boro seems tto be the most productive.

18. jlawson435

jlawson435 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Fished Taylorsville Monday. Caught one. 5lbs. My friends got tired and started fishing bluegills caught about 30. Half to one pound they said better than nothing

19. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I fished the Ohio Friday in downtown cincy. 15 fish, biggest 2 fish was an 11 lb flat and an 11 lb channel.

20. allflats

allflats Member

State:
    Kentucky
    we put in at clays ferry.