Who else uses this?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catman529, Jan 12, 2007.

1. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/rt

I use it all the time, it is very useful. If your main fishing area is in the stream/river category, it is likely they have it on the map. Each site is different but most contain the gage height and discharge. Some have the precipitation levels as well as a few other parameters. I love it, if you havent heard of it, try it out!

2. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    *raises hand*:smile2:

3. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    :byebye: oh I do I do
    it is the only one that I have found that will give me that info on the river that i fish in

4. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Do they have the gage height of your local mudpuddles? I mean the ones that have movement?:lol: :lol:

5. BILLYP

BILLYP New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, North Carol
    Why yeah what kind of fisherman would I be if I didnt.
    I looked at it earlier today and my favorite mud puddle in up to 22 inches now.

6. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    whew, I should come fishin with you, bet theres been some real hawgs caught in there! Mud puddles around here top off at 12 inches. I think the USGS also measures the gage of water in clogged gutters, at least they measure the water in the gutters on our house! Yesterday I caught a huge one out of my window. Good luck fishin mud puddles, i love your signature:lol: :lol: :lol: couldnt help writing something about it, believe me if I had thought of it before you it would have been my signature.:big_smile:

tight lines

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I check that site almost daily to see how my local river is doing!

8. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    Jon that is a great site! first time ive ever been to it! it has my creek! lol im so psyched thank you!:big_smile:

9. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    Best tool on the web for fisherpersons! USGS makes up for the weatherman not being able to predict flies on a dogpile. Very effective for tracking conditions near a stream gage.

My son and I monitor the Great Miami RIver every day. That link, and the link to the Mill Creek across the street both have realtime updates (15 minute intervals) for both gage height and precipitation. Makes it easy to perdict if we're going to have any flooding when you can't see the water at night.

Dennis

10. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

State:
    Moore, Oklahoma
    Thanks for posting that site, im a user now.

11. kyredneck

kyredneck New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good post Jon, thanks.