Who else thinks i should start bringing a paintball gun fishing?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Ghoulscout 13, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Ghoulscout 13

Ghoulscout 13 New Member

State:
    North carolina
    ok i know this thread sounds weird but here is the story,

im out fishing from the bank, in this particular spot there is rip rap on the far bank (which is only bout 10-12 feet from my side of shore) and then there is a bridge. its a nice spot, ok so im fishing and this guy comes by with his boat (there is a boat landing on the other side of the bridge), so i say to my self "ok no big deal ill reel in so he dosnt hit my lines with his out bord and then throw back out, i need to re bait any way", so i reel in, rebait and wait for this guy to pass, except he dosnt pass, he stops dead in front of me and starts to bass fish along the rip rap and under the bridge.

now i have had this happen twice to me, so i ask again who else thinks i should start to bring my paintball guns fishing?

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Well that would probably get ya in some trouble, but I can see where you are coming from. People always out their boat's right on top my lines, and it just drives me absolutley nuts. Some people just common courtesy.

3. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    Thats too bad. I don't know what your temperament is but I would have straight up told him to show some respect. Try doing that next time and if it doesn't work, think about taking your paintball gun.

4. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've gone thru my fishing rules and regs with a fine tooth comb and I'll be danged if I can find "paintball guns" anywhere... Besides, if you miss, you'll just pollute the water...:lol:

5. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    old man paint balls are water solubal and enviremental safe you can eat a paintball and it wont hurt you, but i dont think i would shoot anyone

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Well, ya'll should know my feelings on this type of behavior by now. And many here do not agree with my methods.

So, short of just allowing them to behave as they wish, what would be a good Non-violent solution?

Maybe we (BOC) could draft a list fishing/boating ethics that could be put on a small card and given to offenders?
    Remember the joke parking tickets? Ya know, the "fleas of a thousand camels" one.

7. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  8. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    I have never used a paint ball, and am generally pretty mellow, until you mess with my fishing spot. Cross my line once, you get a warning, cross it twice I tell ya that isn't cool, do it three times I cut your line.

If a boat moves up into my fishing hole I generally tie a sinker on to my line and cast as close to the boat as I can without hitting the person in the boat. It get's their attention, they get the idea, no one gets hurt, and worse case scenario I lose a sinker but get my fishing hole back!!!

Just an idea

9. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I know where you are coming from. I've had people do the same thing with a cast net. And it is agrivating as all get out. There will always be the 10% that don't show any respect for others. All that aside, if your fishing on public waters, you have to accept it or go somewhere else.

10. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    "All that aside, if your fishing on public waters, you have to accept it or go somewhere else."

I disagree. If you allow someone to do this to you it is the same as giving permission for them to do it to another.
    In effect you become partially responsible by helping to perpetuate the behavior.

When this is done to you, stop and wonder how many times the offender has done it before without being called on it.

11. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pee is water soluble too, but you better not let the DNR catch you relieving yourself in the lake or river...:lol:

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah , the big thing is call'em out let them know yer opinion . dont just start heaving 5# rocks or firing up the bushmaster and chucking 30 paintballs a second at them , give fair warning , let them know there interfereing in yer fishing spot . although it is fun to watch the unsuspecting get riddled with paintballs :lol: they tend to squirm around like they were attacked by a swarm of bees :lol: :lol: :lol:

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I think it'd be a fun thing to do to teach him some manors but...I'd recommend leaving when he does.

14. Chris54WVa

Chris54WVa New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Hey Scout,If that ever happened to me and someone pulled right up in my fishing spot,I would be nice to them and say,Hey buddy,can't you see that my lines are in the water there.You have a boat now,would you please move and let me fish my spot,since I was here first.If he don't heed the call,I would get more than a paintball gun,what about a big old can of whoopbutt,from your local neigborhood.Then he might think twice before he decides to try that on someone else.I fish from a boat and I would never do that to a fellow fisherman,show some respect,I would say to him,but then you always find these's smartbutts all over every where you go.:lol: :lol: :lol:

15. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    that would work oldman next time someone barges into your fishing spot just pee on them lol

16. miichael

miichael New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I just keep fishing anyway if they want to be butt holes. Seems like those people bass fishing in the brand new $20,000 boats leave after a few casts close to his boat with a 3-5oz sinker. :lol:

17. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Paintball guns needs to stay on the ranges for paintball sports. Approximately two weeks ago, 6 high school football players were having a paintball outing. When they left the range, they continued the paintball antics of the interstate at 75 mph. Needless to say, the driver lost control and killed one of the kids. His life was in front of him, starting center on the football team, possible scholarships, wife, kids, the whole nine yards. Lost because they couldn't tell when to stop. Leave your guns at home.

18. joesf

joesf New Member

State:
    Bloomington IL
    I would be careful about pulling any kind of gun on someone you don't know if the are packing.

19. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Well, as relieving as it would be, in most states it is illegal.

So, being law abiding folks that we are, I have a couple of options that will be legal and should get them to leave:

1) Tie on a 4oz. sinker and start dropping that ton of lead in and around where they are fishing, all the while telling them about big ones in there.

2) Start yelling out fishing questions to them about how they are fishing. Nothing annoys a bass fisherman more than someone asking for advice while they are fishing.

3) Troll right up next to them and fish with them, explaining that you are new and want to learn. Be sure to cast ahead of them to booger up the fish.

4) When you troll up beside them, pull your trolling motor half way out of the water and start asking them questions about the prop as it spins and splashes in the water.

5) As you see how they are fishing and where, tell them "no wait, I caught some nice catfish in there, lets see if we can double up", and start chunking your 4oz. sinker toward the bank.

6) No sinker? No worries, a big heavy bobber will make a nice splash, and you can show them how to "pop the top" with the float to entice the fish to come to the splashing.

7) Tell them that you want to learn more, and would like their phone number. Be sure to let them know that it is hard to find fishing buddies ever since you were released from prison on that technicality.

20. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    I've had similar things happen and I usually stand up and stare at them until they look at me and then ask, "Is it too hot for you to think or what?" They usually leave or ask stupidly, what's wrong? Now they opened the door so I have no problem telling them. You can change "too hot" to what ever weather condition fits the day, too windy, too dark (night), to wet (rain), you get the idea. But it is public waters and the public is not always intelligent or considerate.