Who else cant wait?

Discussion in 'Trapping & Fur Taking' started by CatfishHateMe, Jun 11, 2008.

1. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    cant wait till this thread starts activity again. trappin season for indiana is on its way. not horribly to long to wait now. :wink: ive been thinkin about trappin lines this fall/winter already and its got me goin. lol

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i hear you. me and my buddy are gonna work on waxing some coyote traps in about 3 weeks. we also have a few 120 boxes that need attention.

3. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i saw a post or 2 on hear by a fella named Troy crooks(got1hooked) . he is the secratery for the missouri trappers association. he is a good guy. i went to a fur handleing seminar last fall over at his place near rolla mo.

4. williambevels

williambevels New Member

State:
    alabama
    I can't wait.been out all summer scouting locations ,making test sets,prebaiting coon,testing lures and baits. a lot of work to keep a long line going.I spend three hours a day just making sets and recording in a log book for records then i take my record book on opening day and place out nothing but sets that has been worked.i also write down how long it takes for the set to be worked.it helps me to locate hot spots,tells how well the lures work ,and by judging the size of the track it gives a basic idea what to expect from the area ,also it keeps me focused and out of trouble with the wife..lol