Who eats carp??

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by blindfly69, Jul 14, 2006.

1. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    .....i was thinkin about tryin it.......and i was jus wonderin.......how many of ya'll eat carp? and how do you prepare them?

2. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have had it, and honestly it is not bad, jut really boney, when you clean them you have to score them which basically means that after you skin them and filet them you have to make cuts about every 1/8 inch apart and deep enough to hear the bone crack from top to bottom down the lenght of the fish.

Aaron

TA2D

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    carp and gar are on my fish to try list

4. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I have tried some funky things so any fried fish shouldn't be that bad! If ever in Okinawa, try out the sushi bars... awesome once you get over the fact that you are eating fish bait that has been rolled in rice and seaweed, even better than sushi is sushimi, which is whole chunks of raw fish!!! Think about that the next time you put on some cut bait!

Aaron

TA2D

5. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i wish there were some sushi bars around here lol...i've had some and its not bad stuff

6. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I have heard there pretty good never had anyone make them for me before i have heard one way to cook them is in a pressure cooker till the bones are soft enough to eat.

7. suddawg

suddawg New Member

There's a restaurant in Omaha, NE called Joe Tess' Place. They serve catfish and everything else, but they are famous for their Carp. Everyone goes there to eat it, mainly because they get the carp fresh. Personally I prefer Walleye or Catfish, but my parents absolutely love Carp. So anytime I catch one, it get's cleaned, and given to my mother. If you fry the carp, definately do what TA2D says and score it.

SudDawg

8. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Sushi and sushimi are awesome! Wish we had a reliable one in Nebraska, I don't really trust fish that have been frozen and thawed I want it fresh!

Aaron

TA2D

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    TA2D, Kosa, Cadina circle. I was at Tori sttion from 73 to 75. I really got a taste for te steamed octopus and pickled cucumbers.

Carp cleaned, filleted and then cut out the gray/red meat at an angle along the sides toward the center of fllet. taking a long wedge shaped strip of meat . most of the bones are removed and you are left with the white meat. Breaded and fried it is good.

10. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    rrrrraaaaaaallllpppphhhhh!!!

11. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    When up in Chicago fishing, I've talked to the Russian guys that fish for them and they say they have a recipe for baked carp that they say is really good. And around here I've talked to an African American guy who said that Carp and Buffalo taste a lot like Catfish when fried up.

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I dont even want to think about eating a carp, let alone actually tasting it!!!!

13. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Would Never Knowingly Eat A Carp.

14. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    i wanna try it but if i did it myself i'd prolly screw up somehow......same with gar....i wanna try it but have no idea where to start

15. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I hear carp tastr a lot better when the water is cold. I've eaten some carp sushi but never friend to my knowledge.