Who bird hunts?

Discussion in 'Bird Hunting' started by Mark J, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Just letting you fine folks know we now have a bird hunting section up.
    I saw a request earlier from a member who refreshed my memory that we had one on the old board but didnt have one here.

Aint the BOC just great?:big_smile: Now let's do some bird huntin'.
    Thanks Paul.

2. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Count me in Mark, and thanks for the bird hunting section! Another reason that the Staff at BOC is the Best!!! 2 more weeks until regular season here! Thanks Again!

3. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Thanks for adding the section Mark. I am an avid bird hunter. Though I hunt just about everything.

4. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    mark ive got a shotgun a rifle and a four wheel drive.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    That moment was worth the cost of the trip:big_smile:

6. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton
    Great. I hope to be posting pictures from this season. Ours opens in a couple weeks as well.

Here are some from last year!

7. Big Eli

Big Eli New Member

State:
    Ohio, Clifton

Didn't work? I'll try it again.

Won't let me?!?! They are .bmp files and it says "error" O well I'l just have to get more this year!

Well this one works, it's from 2003.

Attached Files:

8. Fishnhuntforever

Fishnhuntforever New Member

State:
    Northern California
    Well the smell is in the air. Leaves blowing, morning dew, dogs breath, fresh coffee, freshly cut fields. I can't wait. Our season opens November 11th for most of the birds I hunt in our area. I am looking forward to another solid season. I have scouted some great quail spots. I have been hunting the same pheasant gorunds for years and this year while deer hunting I stumbled into prime turkey territory. The excitement is definatley building. Working the dogs for some pre season tune up and getting out the gear to ensure everything is in working order. Soon it will be opening day I can smell it. My dogs know they are more than ready. Good luck to all!

9. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Imissed out on the sept dove but nov 15 quail then dec- 6-10 is our phes. and dove reopens dec1 and some where ill be goose hunting we dont have any in yet but theyll be around by thanksgiving cant wait to bust a b29

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Yep, I shoot birds.

I already had one great trip on opening day (in Michigan) where our group shot 17 in one hour.

We're going back on the 4th of november to do it again, if we all can get together, and I personally cannot wait.

Ill keep an eye on this thread.... as it is a good one.

Good luck out there fellas and be safe.

11. ron

ron New Member

State:
    mo
    I just got back from opening weekend of pheasant in south dakota go every year to kick off the hunting season ,you cane find me and my shorthair's out just about every weedend in mo and ks chasing them bird's

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    I hunt waterfowl in Va but wishing we still had quail like when I was a boy. I hunt upland birds for four months each year in South America where I work. I keep two english pointers down there and a lab here in VA. We have 6 types of quail like birds in Paraguay and 3 that are grouse size. All behave wonderfully for dogs. Plenty of birds and probably not 20 bird hunters in the whole country.

13. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hunted for pheasant and quail for a good portion of my life. Looking forward to knocking a few down. Season opens tomorrow am!

14. lakeith

lakeith New Member

State:
    St. Joseph, Mo.
    Went up to Nebraska around Red Cloud (North and a little west of Mankato) and went hunting sat. and sun. we didn't scare up very many roosters but, alot of tight holding hens and got some quail. I had a great time and learned alot behind a good dog.

15. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Missed the Kansas opener for the first time in about 12 years, but heading out this weekend. I've hunted the same private property since I got started, about 2000 acres in Concordia. I'm hooking up with Brad Kilpatrick and taking his new pup "Gunner" to let him experience some live, wild birds. Should be a blast like always, can't wait for the weekend.

16. ron

ron New Member

State:
    mo
    went out to cloud kansas county this weekend seem alot of birds ,dog work was great shooting poor

17. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    That's what I like to hear! There's only one other person that hunts his property(with permission), so it should be just like opening weekend for us!

18. Crawdad

Crawdad New Member

State:
    Mid-Missouri
    I was raised in central IL & hunted on my brother's & uncles farms, but when I went back after being out of it for 20 years, I found IL is like a desert in the winter: no cover, no food, no birds. Since i live in central MO, I can get to southern Iowa, so that's where "Max the Gladiator" & I go now. We've done pretty well for the last 4 years, but I'm thinkin of movin.

19. riverratmatt

riverratmatt New Member

State:
    ky, totz
    here in south east ky we get quite a few ruffed grouse i love it very close shots and watching my dog run theres no better way to spend a cold day