Who are your favorite snake bitten teams?

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by dreamcatcher, Oct 17, 2006.

1. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Year after year...decade after decade...the same teams play their regular seasons, get their fan base all hyped up, just to lose when it matters the most. How do the fans take it? ROTFLOL! Is it the organization? The players change from era to era, so it can't totally be the players. Are they just snakebit? Weigh in on your all time snake bitten teams...

I am going to have to say the Cardinal franchise in football. They have only won championships in 1925 and some other year:embarassed: but have never come close to sniffing a championship in my lifetime. They have never really been a consistent winning franchise even in the regular season. They are my trendy pick. I didnt see that game last night, but found out they were the only team in NFL history to relinquish a 20 point lead to a team that never scored an offensive touchdown.:0a5: :0a13: :0a5: :0a13:

Now that right there is King Cobra snakebit to me...:lol:

Vic

2. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Definately the Cards...But really, they are the only snakebitten team I can think of...because most other teams have had success in years past, but it's beena LOOONG time for them. That 1925 championship was also very controversial. While still in Chicago they won another one in 47 then got to the title game and lost in 48, both games against the eagles. When they moved to St Louis they eventually had two back to back firsts in the NFC east but lost both of their first games. Since then they made it in with a record of 5-4 in I think 82 and still couldn't get a win. Thern in 98 they finally got their first playoff win with Plummer at the helm...but I think things will start turning around...

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Id have to say Buffalo. In the 90s those fans were all hyped up every year to lose again and again in the super bowl

4. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well, I guess the Bills and Vikings could be considered snake bit....

5. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

Definitely the ultimate bridesmaids...

6. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    COMe on now if no one else will name them let's go with the Colt's. Every year the best record in football and the biggest choke in the playoffs. (sorry Ryan)

7. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana

I have to agree.:embarassed: Why can't they win a championship? They whoop everyone's ass all year long in the regular season and they get to the playoffs and look like a middle school team.:lol: They will win their championship one of these years.....hopefully... I just don't get it, Peyton throws fifty touchdowns well actually 49, but he gets in the playoffs and plays like... well you guys know what he plays like.LOL!:lol: One of these years he's going to just shred right threw every team and win the NFL Championship hands down. Hopefully it's this year???:confused2:

8. Snappy

Snappy New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Peytons never been able to win the big game! Look at Tennesee, the year after he went pro the Vols with the same team win a national championship. The guy is good but he is a choke artist he sould go play for the vikings.

9. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    LOL....yah that wasn't funny, and not very original. If I had a dime for every time I've heard that Peyton can't win the big game on this NFL talk thread I'd be a trillionare. Yet noone can say that he isn't the best quarterback in the league right now according to stats and his winning percentage. If anyone can prove it. I already admitted to his playoff problems, but in the regular season noone is better than Peyton Manning!:wink: Oh now I see, you are probably a Falcons fan.. I feel bad for you, having a quarterback that can't throw worth a crap.LOL!!!

10. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
  11. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I hope Ryan likes it too!!!!! LMFAO

12. Dmitri

Dmitri New Member

State:
    Illinois

But the Colts have won championships....they have won 3 NFL championships, 1 conference championship (been to 4), won a superbowl, and lost a superbowl. *looks back to those games*....man...you Colts fans must hate the Steelers and Pats...pittsburgh has been a plague to you in the playoffs since the 70s.

13. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
  14. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    did you also notice The Colts LOST the game??????:eek:oooh: And then throws his offensive line under the bus....watch it again and read the captions inserted in on both sides of mannings head

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    All come on Guys its the Saints and they will choke this year yr after yr the hype is this is the yr they are why I Quit watching pro football the AIN`TS:embarrassed_2: :shame: :surrender: :sad_2a:

16. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Come on now Pastor, give the Saints a chance. Their team looks good this year and with all the new faces this year it will only get better.

17. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I do believe the Colts fit the bill as "Snake bitten" the last few years. The best QB in the NFL can't win the big game when needed????

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Ray

18. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
  19. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    i thought the question was snake bitten teams not players .the colts have there titles the bills where there.if your talking about snakebitten TEAMS that would have to be arizona and the saints.these guys are lucky to have winning seasons let alone make the playoffs