Who are you? Please identify yourself!

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by don3778, Jul 5, 2008.

1. don3778

don3778 New Member

State:
    Walkervill
    I'm gonna borrow this idea from catfishsafari in Missouri. I read their post introducing themselves to the other members there. It helps them get to know each other better and to know where they might be able to bump into another BOC member, something I like doing every chance I get. Lets tell a little about ourselves and where we live, our family, our work, and our play.

First off I'm 56 yrs. old. Lived in Arkansas all my life. I grew up in and went to school in Magnolia. Went to school in Hot Springs a couple of years after high school, then went to work in Little Rock for a few years. I had a bait shop-convience store over at Felsenthal for several years, but finally sold out to move home to be closer to family. I now work at a chemical plant near Magnolia by the name of Albemarle. I've been here for 17 years now. I fish mainly the Red River for catfish anywhere from Fulton, Ar. to down below Shreveport. My Dad is my favorite fishing partner, he's only 85 and still going strong. He will fish from sunup till dark if somebody will hang with him, lol. We also fish many of the lakes up and down the Red for bass and crappie at different times of the year. We fish Dorcheat creek where we can. We got locked out of our favorite place. It was bought up by one man and then posted. My best big cat is a 65 lb. blue caught on the Red. Dad has caught several in the 60's but he hasn't yet beat my best. I live in a small community just south of Magnolia called Walkerville. I love to fish and hunt the outdoors. I try to go somewhere at least once a month to play some pool, I love the game and the competition. If your ever in my area and need anything just give me a call.

Don Pharr
    870-904-8530 Cell

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I am originally from Start, Louisiana, born 17 Dec.1946, Graduated 1967 from Start High School, entered the army just out of High school, 23 years in Army Aviation, retired in 1992, moved to Arkansas in 1998, went to work for Russellville School System, worked for the school for 5 years and was hurt on the job, My main interest is cat fishing and Geocaching, I dearly love to attend gatherings, I think I have attended about 7 and 4 of them were in different state, I have met about 200 B.O.C. members while attending the gatherings, I have been a B.O.C. member for 5 years and on the staff for just over 2 years, I fish with any B.O.C. member that would like to. My home phone number is: 1-479-293-0080, call me!

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was raised on white river around Des Arc. Went to college in Magnolia and now live just across the line in Missouri. Don, if Lansing Albin still works there, tell my ole rabbit huntin buddy i said hello please. I have several friends from that area.

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I was born in 1957 at Chandler Air Force Base in Arizona. From there we moved to the Philipines and then to Arkansas. My father served 20 yrs in the Air Force and retired at Little Rock Air Force Base in Jacksonville, Arkansas. After retirement he joined the Police force in Jacksonville and then was hired by A.L.E.T.A. (Arkansas Law Enforcement Training Acadamy) in Camden Arkansas. There I went to school at a small public school called Harmony Grove and graduated in 1975. I attended Southern Arkansas University Tech Branch in East Camden and graduated in 1977 from there I went to Magnolia where I was the campus photographer for the year book and the paper and other campus activities. I also played in the band.

After college I moved back to Camden and took a job as a car salesman and a part time disc jockey for the local radio station. From there I took a job with Wal Mart as an assistant manager and worked for them for almost ten years. While I was with Wal Mart I lived in Minden La, Ashdown, Ar., Texarkana, Ar, and then to El Dorado. I grew tired of the extra long hours with Wal Mart and not getting to spend time with my family so I left and went to work for a local cable manufacturing plant where I still am today.

I love to camp, fish, hunt, draw, paint, shoot, and do wildlife photography.

I mainly fish Calion lake right now but hope to get back on the ouchita river in the near future.

To contact me call 870- 866- 9902
    I don't usually answer strange numbers so leave your name and number and a brief message and I'll get back in touch with you.

5. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Gee Don I guess no one else wants us to know who they really are.:eek:oooh:

Do ya think they are in here under the Federal witness protection plan.:eek:oooh::wink:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sorry Don, I missed your thread.

Born on a dry land cotton farm near Lubbock, TX. Moved to Booneville, AR at 14. Quit school at 16, join the USAF at 17. After my 4 year enlistment returned to AR and married a local girl. We soon set sail for west TX but not the farm country, this time it was the oil field.

Finally got on as an hourly operator in a petrochemical plant. We spent most of our vacations camping and fishing in the Colorado Rockies and TX lakes using a little popup camper. Carried a 14 ft boat on top with a 15 hp motor in the car. After 32 years with the same company retired as Director of Operations. I was a young 54 so we spent a few years seeing the USA in a motorhome. Then decided to settle in Hot Springs. BTW, we took our one night honeymoon in Hot Springs over 52 years ago. :smile2:

7. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    i was born in athens arkansas in 1943.moved to mena in 1948.went to school at a small school called acorn.moved to texas in 1951.back to mena in 57.joined the army in 62 saw 3 forieghn countrys didnt like any of them.got out of army in 66 moved to houston tex.worked,married,and divoriced by 75 and moved back to mena.catfishing and hunting is all i live for.

8. jde512

jde512 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Born and raised in a little town in south-central Kansas. Grew up fishing little creeks in the area, mostly with stinkbait and whatever we could drag out of a farm pond with a minnow seine. Moved to Arkansas when I got married in 1999. I'm currently a project manager for a commercial glass shop in Little Rock and live in Sherwood. Just bought my first "real boat" this past spring and have been chomping at the bit to get on the river ever since. I enjoy bowhunting, waterfowling, upland hunting and spending as much time outdoors with my boys as possible. I've really enjoyed this forum and look forward to learning all I can from everybody.

9. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    Welcome to the BOC jeff. If no one has told ya you will find all kinds of useful info in the member library.

Also start planning now for the Arkansas member gathering. We would love for all Arkansas members to attend and anyone else from other states as well.

Just keep watching there will be more info about the gatherings in the spring. Newt and Trish do a good job at putting on a gathering.

10. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    First off, thanks Whisker for the compliment to me and Angelkitty!

My name is Newton Styers. I have been a member on here for several years, about 5 I beleive. I am Married to BOC member Angelkitty(trisha). I have one child(Brittany Styers) and 4 step-children, whom I treat as My own. My oldest step-son serves in the U.S Army and is serving in Iraq. He has a son whom I am a proud Grandfather to. I currently fish all the waters that I can in Arkansas and any that I get a chance to outside of Arkansas.

Myself and Angelkitty currently live outside of Benton, Arkansas and Sheridan, Arkansas. We are also your HOST for the annual Arkansas gathering that we have on Lake Degray each year! We would love to have each and every Arkansas Member to join us at this gathering. We do all we can to make it enjoyable for all. So, make plans now to attend in the spring of 2009!!!!!!!!!!!

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I was born in 1942 on an Army post named Camp Forrest, near Tullahoma, Tennessee, where my dad was a guard for the German POWs interred there. After the war, I grew up in Chattanooga, and graduated from what is now Tennessee Tech University, and entered the Air Force. My first station was at Little Rock AFB where I served as deputy commander of a missile launch crew for the Titan II ICBM missiles there. In 1969, after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis, I was transferred to Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls, Montana, and I married my wife, who is from Atkins, AR. At Malmstrom, I served as a nuclear launch codes custodian for the 200 Minuteman II ICBM missiles there. In 1974 I was transferred to Vandenberg AFB, California, where I performed the same job, but for missiles that were actually being launched for an 'operational test program'. In 1975 I was downsized out of the Air Force, sold real estate for a couple of years, then moved to Florida, just north of St. Petersburg and started my own business. In 1983 my ulcerative colitis resulted in colon cancer, and I had to have it, and a few other items removed. The VA raised my disability rating to 100%, I sold my business, and we moved to Atkins, Arkansas. The VA offered to pay for my wife to finish her degree, and for me to either get my masters, or get a second degree, so we went back to school, both graduating in 1989. (I got a second degree, rather than my masters.) In 1990, I began working for the state of Arkansas, and a year or so later, we all moved to Little Rock, where we still live. I retired in 2005. My oldest daughter, Gardenhawk, is a BOC member and avid fisherwoman, and has 3 sons. The two oldest love to fish, but I probably won't start the youngest till about the time he turns 3. (Actually fishing....he already knows about catfishing, and catfish water.) When I joined the BOC, it wasn't even the BOC yet, and we had fewer than 200 members. Who'd uv thunk it'd grow like this?
    If anybody lives, or is visiting, this area, please feel free to give me a call. Just look for Jerry Trew in the phone book. We'll get together for some fishing, coffee, lunch, BS, catfish talk, whatever.

12. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Well, I was born and raised in Memphis, where I met the best part of who I am, My wife of 39 years "Mary Elizabeth". We were high school sweethearts and met in art class at Westside HS. It was "love at first sight". We married at the ripe old age of 16-17 and she has not been able to get rid of me since.
    Ha.
    We moved to Harrison Arkansas 13 years ago for a "more quiet" life and now live just outside Harrison in Valley Springs.
    I now work at our hospital NARMC (12 years) in engineering. Before that I owned my own construction business in Memphis.
    I am a master carpenter and am currently working toward my HVAC license.
    I have been a member of The BOC for about 6 years and have attended several gatherings.
    My wife "Liz" is a retired master chef and has also worked at the hospital in ER. She has attended two gathering with me.
    We have 3 grown children, Andy 34, Angela 31, and Beth 27.
    They all followed us here from Memphis and have since married.
    Andy works at the hospital as an ekg tech, married to Heather, and has our first grandchild "Owen"
    He is a BOC member "Homeybrew"
    Angela works at Fed Ex and also owns a pizza restaurant in Harrison with her husband "Ben." "Langonis"
    Beth also works at Fed Ex and is going to college to become a teacher. She is married to "Jon", who works at the hospital in Info. Systems. "computers"
    Jon is also a BOC member "Veritok".

Attached Files:

13. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    I'm Sam Hutto, I was born (1954), raised and still live on a farm, just north of Damascus, that my great, great grand paw homesteaded. Got 2 kids, a girl and a boy, each have one child each, both boys, so I've got a 2 and a 4 year old grand sons to keep up with now. My SIL, daughter and grandson are just finishing their new house 1/4 miles from me, to keep this thing going, the grandson is the 7th generation on the farm. The first 21 years of my life were spent in my family's feedmill, Hutto Feed and Supply Company, we sold it in 1975 and my brother and I went into the dairy business, milked about 150 cows from then until we sold the milk cows in 2001. We now run a few beef cows, buy and sell land and houses to make ends meet. Been kind'a busy since a tornado went through here on May 2, it damaged my 89 year old mom's house, my daughter's house and mine, it also got our farm shop, a couple of barns, lots of timber and about 5 miles of fences, but we were lucky, no one in our family was hurt. When we finally get caught up from get'n caught up around here, I plan on get'n back to some serious fish'n and deer chase'n this fall.

14. whisker maniac

State:
    arkansas
    sure glad everyone was okay Sam. Whew.

15. tooncatter

tooncatter New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I was born in 1940. I am a very young 68 years old. I was born in Louisiana and lived there all my working years. North Louisiana so I am not a coon a$$ but they are good people. Started catfishing as a kid with set hooks on a small creek for mostly bullheads. Lived on Lake Bistineau until I retired. Catfished with trot lines and limb lines. Retired and moved to Mt. Ida, Arkansas. I have never lost my love for creeks and small rivers and now am chasing them with rod and reel. I live 5 minutes from the Ouachita River above Ouachita Lake. Does anyone here fish this river and want to share some secret honey holes? Must say I have been on several forums, both hunting and fishing and you catfisher people are without a doubt the most friendly and willing to share. Thanks Billy

16. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    let me throw some young blood at ya.

im j.d. harrison. i was born in 1980. he-he. i spent most of my childhood moving all over the great state of alabama and getting into as much trouble without getting cought as possible. eventually i enlisted in the united states marine corps and served 4 years (including iraq). i am the oldest of 9 kids, 4 bro.s 4 girls.

i got lucky out west and met my wife Amy, we have been married for 5 years. we had our first son about a month ago. i fish, hunt, work, spend time with my 2 fav. ppl. (Amy and Aidan), and keep busy any way i can. i still get into trouble, but i am a lot better at not getting cought these days.

17. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Welcome to the BOC, Billy!

18. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Welcome Billy, I can`t help you with the good fishin spots there, but I know some of these guys fish there and they will help, I`m sure.

19. Smellycat

Smellycat New Member

State:
    Harrison Arkans
    Baitchunker, you sure you aint from Arkansas? You sound like everybody I know here.

20. Fireman4c

Fireman4c New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hello everyone Charles here, I moved to Arkansas in 1991 and have been here ever since my dad retired from the USMC. I do most all of my fishing in Lake Erling and my back door pond loads and loads of them in there. I work for a chemical compank named Great Lakes and have been here for about a year and a half. I worked for Cooper Tire and Rubber Co. for 10 years until they shut down the plant in 2006. I spend most of my time with my wife and kids and if Im not with them you can see me riding my Harley down the road with the wind in my hair o yea I have no hair HAHA. I have 3 dogs, 2 pigs, a rabbit and a squirrel. I love huntting anytime I have off during the winter, trying to fill the frezzer. Anyway thats my story and Im sticking to it!