Who among us hates Karaoke

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by zebcohobo202, Sep 21, 2005.

1. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

My wife, a Karaoke superstar, is trying to tell me that the majority of folks enjoy Karaoke. I know better. The only people that like Karaoke are the ones in the Karaoke bars. With exception to the ones that are dragged in by their spouses like me. So I started this thread as a way to show my wife that most people are against Karaoke. If you enjoy Karaoke, don't bother responding to this thread. My wife has enough ammo what with all the Karaoke bars in our area. I need all the Karaoke haters to voice their outrage here, so I can show the wife that most people despise the thought of hearing folks who can't sing butcher a perfectly good song.

2. nuthinlikeacat

nuthinlikeacat New Member

State:
    Eden Prairie, Minnesota
    just having people post why they hate karokee isn't going to prove any point. Who is to say that the majority of people in here dont like to karokee. I for one DO like to karokee. It's a fun time, and a time for people to show a different side that you sometimes may not see. Besides...the memories created, and the embarrasing moments that you can use against other people :eek: Some of my best memories have come at Karokee bars, with people butchering the H*ll out of songs. You just never forget those people ;)

I do understand your point though....probably 95% of my friends hate to do it, and if they do it, it's maybe once a year if that! But most of my friends couldn't carry a note if their life depended on it (Not that I can!!)

3. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I like watching but I don't get on the stage. I'm too shy. :shy-big:

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i don't go to bars anymore, but when i did, i avoided karaokee bars like the plague.....

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I like singing karaokee its fun and when I was younger sometimes would sway the opposit sex :D

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    baitfish & Phil.... you two nailed my reply before I even knew this thread existed.

I grew to hate bars after I quit working in them. Theyre too loud and too many people are fueled up with something to prove. You add my deigo attitude and all you get is a bad night.

I am done with bars. Even the one by me that sells more pizza than beer dont get any visits anymore since they hired a moron with boobies thinking they'd pick up sales by dropping hemlines.... turns out she's a moody moron and I dont think my money needs to finance her trips to the tanner. she may be cute but by the time she's 40, she's gonna look like a leathery construction pylon.

I hated karaoke from day one when everyone wanted to have friends in low places. After a while it seemed like that song and love shack were all that were played... god only knows what theyre butchering today....

I was in a bar that started to play it last year after a buddy's lil bro died and he wanted to go get a drink. I obliged him and sat in this miserrable drunken hole in the wall for 3 hours listening to Elsie the cow sing her wretched heart out. She kept em coming one after another. I just quietly hoped she'd find that mic appetizing and do her electronics in for the night. Instead I heard ever fat girls playlist of sap songs. the usual suspects.... unchained melody, unbreak my heart.... the oscar meyer weener song. lmao

Nope. I exhausted my karaoke tooth in a matter of minutes and have happily never looked back.

Sal

7. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I think it's for the drunks that think they can sing. Also others that think they are stars..... :p

8. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    ROFLMFAO

I sang Karaoke once...completely plastered in a biker bar, singing Meatloaf with six other drunken women...never again will I give into the peer pressure...lol. Once a year, I can deal with someone else doing it...well, maybe once every two years... :p

9. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Me I sometimes luv it,most times hate it.
    I had good and bad times.Even won money doing doing it.
    I don't do it anymore cause I don't go to bars.

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    My sister in law has a machine for it.
    Takes it every time we go camping.
    Keeps her and the kids entertained at night, while my brother in law, my wife, and myself are out fishing

11. CatfishWEIRDO

CatfishWEIRDO New Member

State:
    Madison WI
    The only thing i like about karaoke is laughing my a$$ of at people making fools of themselves.

12. CatfishWEIRDO

CatfishWEIRDO New Member

State:
    Madison WI
    Sal that is one of the funniest thing i have ever read.

13. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    thanks bro. lol. .. just calling the plays as I sees em! (grin)

14. elphaba7

elphaba7 New Member

State:
    Mo'town, WV
    Boss had Karaoke at the first Christmas party I went to with my old company...same fat girl sang all night, might have actually been the same girl, lol!

15. zebcohobo202

zebcohobo202 New Member

Jen, you might have been in the group of drunk chicks at my bar singing the meatloaf song. I swear that song was 10min. long. Were you hanging out in West Columbia SC at a bar called Shamrocks last winter?

16. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The closest town to me and my mailing address is Four Oaks (aka 3 Oaks and a stump)
    We cruised Benson, drank white liquor , chased splitails, and parked in backer patches for late night forays into love, talent, and stardom.
    Karaoke? Get out of here!

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    My sentiments exactly! Only go to them if you need a good laugh.

Anybody wanna discuss RAP ? Sorry I love most any kind of music but rap, and wouldn't you know it, it's my son's favorite. It's almost like when rock went to metal rock, I can't understand most of it.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    "Karaoke Bars" That is the key to the problem,LMAO!!!

I have never seen a karaoke machine where alchohol was not being served, Just an observation,LOL!!!

19. Cataholic

Cataholic Guest

It's all in fun drunk or not, why hate it?

20. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    So true Cat for you younger and single guys if you can muster the B@lls to go up there and make a fool of yourself it can be too your advantage :D . I used to be scared as hell to go up there and sing and I can sing, now when I do go which isnt much by any means I have a great time. Sure there are some people that cant sing but they are having fun and possibly getting lucky with the opposite sex (wink/wink). For the most part most of the people that are going into those bars are looking to get lucky so why hate the way the go about doing it, its no different then getting someone drunk and telling them your a millionaire.