Who all on here plays or did play sports?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by youngcatfisherman55, Jul 13, 2006.

1. youngcatfisherman55

youngcatfisherman55 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Just thought it could get to know other members better. I play football, played basketball, and play baseball. I played basketball for my previous church. We went 1-10 the first season and 3-8 the second. I averaged 5.6 points per game and 4.1 rebounds per game and 1.8 assists per game. I am a closer in baseball and had 2 saves with a ERA of 1.00. I have a OBP of .210. In football, I play any LB position the put me at. I love football more than any other sport. (cept fishin). I have bad knees, I know weird at such a young age. I have repeatedly hurt my left knee over and overand have suffered 2 serious injuries to it. Football is the sport I am best at and I pray I will not suffer another serious injury that will not let me back on the field. So, tell me what sport(s) you play or did play?

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

In high school I wrestled, played football, track and field was shot put discus 100, 200 and 400 relay and power lifting all events were team sports and I lettered in all of them. In college I wrestled for Oklhoma State. Now I am just old and fat, but very happy.

3. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I played basketball for a while, but I was more of a band geek. Reading, tuba, fishing... those were my hobbies.

They wanted me to go into wrestling my freshman year of high school. 5' 8" and 98#. I would have been the only one in the region in my weight class.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    In high school, I played, football, baseball, and basketball....I was the best at Baseball though..Played shortstop and pitched..Sometimes i miss those good ol days

5. Kyle

Kyle New Member

State:
    Kansas City - Olathe
    Used to play alot of sports, in little league/jr high, I played football, basketball, and soccer, but it started cutting into my fishing/hunting time too much in high school so I had to quit. Hope you don't have any more problems with your knees, its important to take care of yourself, don't push it too hard or you might regret it when you get a little older.

6. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    Well, i'm 6'3 and everyone has always made comments about basketball! I hated basket ball, lol! I was on the track team and did "Broad jump" and High jump! I also belonged to a dojo for about 5 years and got a purple belt in judo! We use to go to tournements all over Calif to compete. I got a bunch of first and second place medals but everytime it was for a trophy, I got my butt kicked, lol!

7. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I played Baseball, football and I wrestled in High School. I played softball after High School. I also golf when I can. I still help coach Varsity Wrestling at the High School as well. Coached Softball for 5 years also. LMAO

I am gonna retire after this year. Until Madison can play T-Ball anyway. hehehe

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That does remind me... I was in the track team a looonnngg time ago.

This was way back when schools did track by weight class. Can anyone guess why I won high jump in 5th grade? lol... I was competing against 2nd graders.

9. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    I played baseball until I was 12, basketball for my 8th grade year, football from 8 until the end. Now I coach my sons baseball team. I think sports are a great way to keep kids active, away from the TV and (eh how do I say this) the computer, and build character. The only drawback I see is how the parents behave a lot of times. They forget this is supposed to be fun.

10. janton311

janton311 New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    I wrestled in high school, now I play golf, pool and poker if you consider them sports they are on espn lol. and fish..:big_smile:

11. gilly

gilly New Member

State:
    Texas
    In high school, Football and Pole vaulting......now that I am 26 I can only play softball. I am on an industrial mens team and a co-rec team. Somehow I still manage to get hurt.

12. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Didn't play any sports in school. Was to busy fishing back in those days. When I was in VU-10 (Utility/fighter squadron) down at Guantanamo Bay, played shortstop on the kittenball and slow pitch softball teams, center field on fast pitch softball and right field in baseball. Haven't played since and that was back in 64/65

13. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Great thread.

I played baseball, basketball, soccer and taekwondo. Got up to a brown belt with black stripes before I gave it up. Someone finds out you take martial arts everyone wants to test you. Gave up baseball in middle school, knees couldnt take playing catcher anymore and thats where they always put me once the found out Id played it before. Played soccer in high school. Now I play disc or frisbee golf to keep me in shape.

14. SpaceAce

SpaceAce New Member

State:
    w
    I played Baseball all through school, played basketball and football for a year. Played softball until 2 years ago, now I have a torn rotator cuff and runners knee, my playing days are over.:angry:

15. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I wasnt in to running around in the heat lmao but i was in powerlifting for 4 years.That reminds me i do need to workout some.

16. catfishsteve

catfishsteve New Member

State:
    Omaha, NE
    That's cool that you play man. Find something you love and then become the very best you can at it. Keep your grades up too!

I played little league baseball and loved it as a kid. I played JV football. I grew up in Pittsburgh and loved defense. I knocked an opposing quarterback out cold once in 8th grade football. That was all I needed, it didn't get no better! :cool2: Then I became a band geek and stayed one for the next 25 yrs!!

I still loved defense though. When I was in High School, the varsity football guys in the neighborhood wouldn't let me play in pick-up games with them in the backyard. They said I tackled too hard...!! Whatever... I learned early on that the chearleaders and majorettes rode the band bus anyway!!

One time in band camp...

17. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Funny you should ask. I've played baseball, football, soccer, boxed, and ran track (100 meters & 440 relay). And at the young age of 56, I am now learning to play lacrosse, and have 2 scrimmage games this Saturday. I think that I am easily 20 years older than the oldest guy on our team. :crazy:

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    I played baseball and football in high school. I also attended college on a baseball scholarship. I also pitched for a few years in a very competitive semi-pro league.

19. SilencedMajority

SilencedMajority New Member

State:
    White Mtns, AZ
    Just got finished with my senior year of high school, playing football as a middle LB. 6 sacks, i believe it was most or near most in 5A for the state LBs. Team finished 3rd in state as well. only missed one game, started all the rest.

20. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I boxed and played foot ball in Jr. High. Was a terrible football player though.
    I have been taking karate (Okinawan style called Isshin ryu) for many years. I am a 2nd degree black belt and will test for 3rd when I get off of my lazy butt and write the required 3 page paper. :tounge_out: