Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be, can not make the meeting but Ill be on the banks of the Hooch. Hoping for a good weekend. Weather does not look too bad either. Best of luck to everyone in whatever you are doing this weekend!!!!

· Registered
382 Posts
I plan on fishing from 6 o’clock Friday and Saturday evening to around 11 o’clock... Altamaha River at Carter's Bight... I'm going to fish for channel ... They are really catching nice channel cats. I saw a cooler full of 2 to 5 lb catfish, all caught on bush hooks and trot lines. They were using cut shad and crawfish for bait. Tying lines in the willows, shallow swift water, sandy bottom... I’m going to use a spinning reel and rod…

I plan on cleaning every one I catch unless it’s a real bigun…lol… or a yellow un…

Face Forehead Facial expression Nose Head

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plan on fishing from 6 o’clock Friday and Saturday evening to around 11 o’clock... Altamaha River at Carter's Bight... I'm going to fish for channel ... They are really catching nice channel cats. I saw a cooler full of 2 to 5 lb catfish, all caught on bush hooks and trot lines. They were using cut shad and crawfish for bait. Tying lines in the willows, shallow swift water, sandy bottom... I’m going to use a spinning reel and rod…

I plan on cleaning every one I catch unless it’s a real bigun…lol… or a yellow un…

View attachment 111141
Sounds like a plan to me.....best of luck to you!!!

· Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Going to fit the Altamaha above the park Sat. night. Water is still a couple of feet higher than I'd like.
WOW, justlooked at the Hooch and she is up as well, lastnights rain has her up and muddy. Guess Ill be packing some extra weights!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.