whitewater river ohio catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by katkiller77, Feb 7, 2008.

1. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    does anyone fish the whitewater river before it empties into the great miami river for catfish :smile2:

2. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have been down there and looked it over. its pretty shallow right at the mouth and doesnt look very good as far as "prime spots" go for cats. it is however a great spot for wipers and white bass when they run up from the ohio in spring.

3. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    thanks for the info :smile2:

4. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    Rick I've had good luck down there when the river is up in the spring of the year, and later in the summer after the spawn. The holes are ever changing in that area thou. You also need a good rod and reel to keep the cats out of the cover or to pull them out once you hook one. The key is when the river is on the rise, otherwise you have good fishing for other species of fish. This is fishing off the bank. Just be careful when your in the area fishing if there is a storm up river, I always looked at the weather before going down there. I hope this helps you out. I use to live in the area and I did catch some big cats down there, its just fishing it at the right time.

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Never fished the whitewater but i have heard there is some nice flats in that river.