Whitetail landing is off my list

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by ponykilr, Apr 2, 2006.

1. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    man, have any of you been to whitetail landing area of the neuse in goldsboro lately?
    we go a few times a season as well as the ramp off 111 and ferry bridge. i havent been since last july or so but the ATVs will drive you crazy. my friend and sometimes fishing partner(mack, kittyhunter) goes down there to ride and i know it's fun to fourwheel, cause i used to be quite into ATVs myself, but geewhiz you cant even hear yourself think.

let me tell you about my sat night.
    we get to the ramp about 5pm, put in and go up to a little hole about 300yards from the little river. we are anchored out and have 6 rods in the water, but none over on the far bank so as to not impeed boat traffic. here comes the ATV brigade. man, they must have taken off their mufflers. it was so loud it just ruined my fishing which is partly to just relax. then, here comes a stream of canoes. all go on the side that we left open....except the last 2 which are piloted by drunks. i mean really drunk, like stupid. they go right beside our boat and right through our lines. never said a word of apology.

we stay a while longer, decide the fuss may not be as bad back at waynesboro(that crazy lookin' ramp thing). we get there, anchor out and here comes more ATVs. round and round right next to the river. then a group of the loudest rednecks you have ever heard parks their quads right on the river bank. they are talking about things my 10 year old girl does not need to hear. the women were raunchier than the men. one guy yells at us and asks what we are using for bait, my bro yells "bream", he looks confused and ask again, rob says "bream". well, he kinda gets a knowing look and yells that we should be using shrimp. :p i wonder if he even knows what a flathead is. we had about decided to leave when some friends of ours came up on a brand new boat and we didnt signal to them which side our lines were on cause we couldnt see them cause we were blinded by their headlights which were forgot and not turned off and they zipped by us and almost clipped our anchor line and almost got our lines(i take some blame for not signaling). by this time i am ill and snappy to my buddies who didnt mean to do anything and i realize we need to just go home.

i think i would rather fight the shallow water and be in some peace than go back to whitetail. of course, there is always some idgits on the boat ramp fishing in smithfield who give you dirty looks when you want to use the boat ramp for....gasp....a boat.:sad:

rant mode off.

2. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i think we all have had nights like that but would it have made a difference if the fish would have been biting? i fished a catfish tournament a week ago and there was some guys in the tournament talking on the phone to someone for 45 minutes that i could hear from across the lake and i wouldnt have wanted my child hearing that dirty mouth either and he was catfishing in the tournament. just got to let it go sometimes. id rather them be where i can see them than down at my truck cleaning me out. maybe next time will be better.

3. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    yea thats disrespectful!

i have my own story of disrespect...

We were bank fishing lock and dam #2 last year..(shad season)

i had two rods out talking to this dude for about 15 minutes who was getting ready to launch his boat. He knew i had lines out....This was about 4 in the morning and he was the first at the ramp. He preceded to launch his boat turned directly up river and caught both of my lines...I yelled "hey you got my lines".....he stopped, raised his motor and i could feel them trying to remove the line from the prop...after 5 minutes they gave up...I heard and felt them lowering the motor and i knew what was about to happen..they nailed the throttle and my line started peeling off my spools. i braced myself and pointed my rods at the boat and just like that they spooled me...man i was pi#$ed. I could of destroyed his truck after all I knew which one it was...all I did was raised his wiper to let him know I knew who he was...i was mad ,but i just lost line. What I didn't mention was both reels had a 150 yds of 50 lbs power pro...HA HA HA HA HA!!

He got more than he bargained for...

4. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    some folks need to be taught manners, but you cant teach respect

5. Fishing Fred

Fishing Fred New Member

State:
    Lillington, N.C
    Those people fishing the boat ramps at Smithfield must be coming up to Jordan Lake also !!!!!!!!!!!! At any of the ramp locations there is plenty of room for bank fishing . A few people insist on using the ramps and docks. When you launch or come in to load they don't want to move. Yesterday at Poe's Ridge Landing I saw where someone had built a fire using wood and a tire right on the boat dock. At least they didn't throw the wire from the tire into the water for me to run over. Would have been real good for my shaft seal. No end to the lack of respect some have for their fellow man . Over many years of fishing the Cape Fear I have often wondered why some kind carry in a case of beer with full bottles and not be able to carry them out when empty !!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonder why I have stopped the fishing in my farm pond ?????????

6. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    It's like sometimes they should have to pass a test to breathe.

7. ponykilr

ponykilr New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    LOLOLOLOLOL:)
    i have met some of the finest and some of the dumbest people on the river.

me and 4 buddies went to smithfield to launch at the jug last year and some idgit had left his truck on the ramp. boat trailer and all. we waited a while, hoping they had just ran it up a little ways to check a problem with the boat or something. after 30 minutes, we called the police. we were told that they had no jurisdiction at the ramp and could not help us. the cop was cool, he called them morons too. i asked him if he would arest me if i pulled the truck back up the ramp with my truck. he said to go for it, he would watch. dangit, i had left my chain in the tool box on my utility trailer.
    we left a really good letter explaining why it is very stupid to leave your truck unattended on the ramp....al kinds of things could happen to it.:)

8. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Fishing Fred I seen the same dock you were talking about on Saturday. That same dock had a boat crash into it as it is heavily damaged on one side... and I mean heavily damaged