Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
whiteoaks - bass are starting to move off the nest and bite , bluegills are biting , no cats yet
yenruogis - bass , bluegill , sunnys are biting
keomah - bass and gills are biting , cats are slow , but hitting

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks for the info. Haven't heard how belva deer is doing. I know the cats aren't on yet. I usually wait until all the bluegill slayers come through and fish around the cleaning stations with cut gillies.
I put my boat in last weekend and again today as well at Belva Deer. Today, it was windy as hell and didn't have any luck with the cats. Crawlers, Chicken Livers and Secret 7 dip bait didn't go well. I wish I had some shad guts to try. Next weekend might start picking up with the water temp climbing with these warm temps expected.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I used to fish Belva Deer a lot when they first started it up with the new lake. Used to catch tons of big bullheads on the west end. I've also caught some nice cats way out on the west end past the trees that look like the end of the lake, where the creek channel used to be. I also did well by the south boat ramp just around the corner where there is a lot of timber. There's deep water there and it shallows up as you get towards the bank. If you're patient, cut gillies willl get you a nice cat out of there. I like to fish it right at sundown in between the deep water and shallow. Hop-e all that helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.