whitecastle fries

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by bigmaac73, Jul 6, 2008.

1. bigmaac73

bigmaac73 Member

State:
    Lenoir City, TN
    Went out last year on the Ohio with a buddy to do some cattin and we where fishing by some of the floating restraunts. He brought some whitecastle fries with him and out fished my fresh cut shad 5 to 1. He told me that around there the fries where deadly becuase the restraunts throw there extra food overboard and the cats feed on that and are used to the people food. Anyone ever heard or tried this??

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    i would say that the restrauns needs to be fined if there doing that. i bet they dont though. all it would take is one time and the fines would stop that activity. but in sure they dont.

there are regulations on these by the health dept. and dumping is illegal. food or not.

as far as using fries. never done that. suppose the oil might attract them. but shad puts off more scent id bet.

3. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Kind of sounds like the patrons are feeding them. Here at the boat dock at Las Vegas Marina they sell bags of popcorn, hundreds a day. Its the first thing ya see when ya walk in to the convenience store. You could walk across the carp there so thick.

Attached Files:

4. crackedmonk

crackedmonk New Member

State:
    Tn
    here in tn you can start and catch cats on just about anything

5. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    Well the good thing is if you feed them the whitecastle burgers you could pinpoint there location from all the bubbles coming up from under the water so i guess that could be an advantage:wink::eek:oooh:

6. springkitty

springkitty New Member

State:
    Fl
    I read about a guy and his wife who buy and use nothing but fries from Wendy's for bait and they claim they catch fish like mad on them. I havent tried that yet.
    Kitty

7. xnmcclurex

xnmcclurex Active Member

State:
    Pittsburgh Pa
    i catch em on fries

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Who to hell has fries left over for fishin. LOL!

9. RiverBuggy4x4

RiverBuggy4x4 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    IM WITH KAT ON THIS ONE IM SORRY FISHING OR NOT MY FRIES ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO MY STOMACH:smile2::smile2:

10. kaous

kaous New Member

State:
    TN
    LOL i am second on the fries going to my stomach first before the fish. O btw that is a hella lot of carp. I haven't ever used fries for fishing but i have used hotdogs. only prob i have with useing hotdogs tho is that they come off really easy hehe.

11. MiseryMike

MiseryMike New Member

State:
    Blue Springs
    MMMM whitecastle had to bring up the castle lol now i have to drive across the state of missouri to go get me some HERE I COME ST Louis

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    cats get used to eating what's available. when i was younger we would fish valley ranch in irving. there's a canal system there that you can catch 10# plus channels on weightless bread. sometimes you could see cats swirling at it when folks would feed the ducks. i caught tons of catfish there on bread, but only a handful on cut or live bait.

13. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If I'm near a White Castle I will buy plenty of those burger and fries. There want be any extra for fishing. Love those little devils. There is no franchise near us.

14. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i cant eatem before i go fishin or ill spend my time in the woods making my own dip bait lol