White Water

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CatRwalln, Oct 23, 2009.

1. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    Anyone fishing Whitewater State Park, Ga.

2. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    It's a nice park, not large, but nice.

I fished it a couple of times and had some success, but not much to brag about. Recently they opened the damn up and drained it to the channel to do some dock work. I got to know the channel then.

You are suppose to check in at the station in the park,it's only a couple of dollars, but then the best fishing in my opinion (with no boat) it to go back to the main road, go south across the bridge and turn into Whitewater church road. That leads to the damn. The dirt road then goes around to where there are some cabins (great prices too!) and a couple of docks. The first dock is setting right off the main channel of the whitewater. Actually I think most of the docks on the side where the cabins are located are in the main channel of the white water.

Anyway, it's on my list of places to fish, but in re-cap, it's not the top of my list.

I heard that the main ranger at the park is big fisherman and he might be more information than I am.

Pat

3. CatRwalln

CatRwalln New Member

State:
    United States
    I guess I better start looking at these places and make a list also, huh?