white stuff falling

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by playin4funami, Dec 6, 2009.

1. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    Well, I know some of us seen snow back in October,but for me last night and all day today,white stuffs been falling out of the sky,supposed to keep on snowing all night,BOO! And it's cold too,12 degrees outside now,I guess I'm whining a little but,I used to love the winter time when younger,now,well, not so much. everything hurts worse when your older,anyhow,we got about 4 to 5 inches of white stuff down and expecting more!

2. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I just want this winter to hurry up and get over with!!!!! pretty bad since it just started...:tounge_out:

I think we are in single digits now...gotta love nebraska winters:big_smile:

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I heard that. Sometimes after those humid 96 degree days we wish winter would provide a few days but then want summer back and I am the same way..

4. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
  5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    There saying that there's more snow to come Don another 6'8" lnches by tomorrow evening.I just finished scooping the walks and driveway 3" inches was all.I think I'll have the little lady (Big Bula Mae) can scoop the 8" inches tomorrow as she is perty Fat and could use the exercise and I'm just thinking about her well being Right.I know fellas I'm one swell fella looking out after Big Bula Mae and her health.Hay Major(That's my huntind Dog) Fetch me another Cold Silver Bullet out of the Fridge,I worked up me thurst scoopin all that snow :wink: J.D.

6. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    have to agree with ya don...everything hurts moire when ya get older...just got maybe 2 inches here but more on the way, cold enough for me around 20 as i type ....cant wait to see those 80 degree days again

7. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i got about 1/2 inch last night

sno.jpg

had some critter tracks by my mail box time to get a gun out and shoot something

8. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I've had to work everytime it's snowed out here. The first 3 times it was 8 plus inches, thank god this time it was only 3 to 4 inches. Scooped at the hospital all day yesterday and then went back at 2 this morning to finish the parking lots. Got done just about the same time everyone showed up to go to work. That's when the boss told me to go home. I need my rest for the 6 to 8 inches we are expecting tonight. Yeah:confused2::confused2::confused2:

9. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Yeah! It looks like winter is here officially!! Looks like we received around 3-4" of the white and expecting around 8-12" late tonight going into tomorrow. Thought about deer hunting this afternoon with the bow, but I figured staying warm is more important. Had to take the youngsters to school anyhow. Woke up this morning and the thermometer said -1deg!! Bruttle temps. Leaving deer hunting on the back burner for now and hoping to kick it up later!!! Those deer can wait, knowing I have plenty of meat from last years' harvest.

The snow never really bothered me. It's the damn wind and cold temps that go along with it!! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  10. bigredcatfish

bigredcatfish New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    The white stuff is here and more to come in the next couple of days!!!! I am already for spring to be here. This sucks!!!!!!!!!

11. bigmikeg

bigmikeg New Member

State:
    nebraska
    shoot to kill bro!!! lol. late strts in a few schools down here they are calling for up to 10 inches :eek:oooh: sucks!! but just might get them dogs running for some fun hunting. i had around 3 here

12. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    it was -4 when I took the kids to school this morning,if we get even half of the 12 to 15 inches they are saying there won't be any school tommorrow,if the wind blows,we get drifted in easy out here in the country,longest so far was 7 days without being able to get out,and then the 4x4 got a serious workout trying to get out the 8th day.

13. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Well it's snowing here again and I'm going to bed to wake at midnight and start moving my lots at the hospital. If this keeps up I'll be moving snow all night and then come home in the morning and go to sleep then wake to work tomorrow night. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

14. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    I know a guy who works for the state road crew,he loves the overtime,drives his plow truck up and down the road for 20 hours then takes a four hour nap and goes again,he loves these long drawn out storms the best. I think he's a little nuts! He's fallen asleep before while running the plow,makes me nervous when around the plows.

15. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    like mike said coyote hunting time!!!! unless there is to much of this stuff

16. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    we have about 10 inches down now and still coming down,it'll be fine until the wind starts blowing then the drifting will shut everything down.

17. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Look on the bright side,it gets worse !:roll_eyes::smile2:.

18. flathead_hunter

State:
    nebraska city
    all i can say is alot... i got a drift about 4 ft deep in front of my house & truck snowing nonstop for over 24 hours and now some hard core winds

19. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Woke up this morning and looked outside and all I'm seeing is white!! Said Hastings, Ne received an 1" of snow per hour. Not sure about the total amount of snowfall yet. But when I checked last, we received 10.5" and it was still coming down. Winds gusts of over 40mph makes for some heavy drifting. Getting prepared to snow blow and scoop. At least my boys are excited about the snow!! Remember the snowstorm of 1983. Lived on the farm and we had no electricity for 7 days straight. Heavy ice storm and 20 plus inches of snow on top of it! Broken power lines. Had to water the cattle, by going into town and getting the water from their supply. Cows were having calves and were buried in the snow. Moved cattle into the barn, so they could calf. It was interesting. Winds chills of 40 below zero!! Now that was a unforgetable winter!!:wink:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009