White rod blanks for rod building

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by choran, Nov 11, 2006.

1. choran

choran New Member

State:
    California
    Anybody out there know of a company other than Lamiglas that sells white fiberglas blanks to rodbuilders? They are a great company, but I'm looking for a blank they don't carry in white--similar to theirnew MB961E--an 8 foot blank, rated about 8-15 pounds, lure 3/8 to 1 1/4 oz, to make a fairly light spinning rod for channel cats. Any of you rod builders have a source that might carry such a thing?
    Thanks a million,

Chuck Horan

2. superman

superman New Member

State:
    DeSoto MO
    good question i have been thinking about it for a winter project

3. choran

choran New Member

State:
    California
    You might want to check out Lamiglas--they offer several of their glass blanks in white. I've ordered three, and when I get themj (about a week from now) I'll be glad to let you know what I think. Unfortunately, nobody out here carries blanks, so I had to order them sight unseen through a supplier of rod building stuff, but I think they're gonna be fine. Some guys paint blanks using auto paint, but I'm trying to stay away from that approach if I can. Making a rod will give you hours of pleasure once you get the basics figured out.
    Chuck

4. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    shakespeare offers white rod blanks,you will just have to look around to find them on line.i found 14 white shakespeare wounder rod blanks on line and got them for $15 each.they are out there,just tougher to find,but worth it for a good blank...

jerry