White River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Ohio_River_Rat, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Ohio_River_Rat

Ohio_River_Rat New Member

State:
    Charlestown, Indiana
    I line in southern Indiana above Louiville and have heard that the white river is supposed to be good for catfishing. Next year when it starts getting warmer me and River_Rat_42 was thinking about trying it out. We dont have a boat so does anyone know of any good spots for bank fishing? Or is it even worth trying?

2. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    It is a good spot to fish but it isn't nearly as good as the Ohio. If you guys ever decide to come up here make sure you post and we may be able to get a group of the Indiana members to meet up with you. There are several good areas along the White River to fish. Basically from Downtown Indy south there are plenty of areas to fish if you can find them. There are some decent fish taken out of here. I caught a 46 lb. flathead out of there this spring and caught several other nice flatheads and channel cats. If you are looking for fish to eat you may want to reconsider the White River. Make sure you don't eat anything you catch from there. I myself have been fishing the Ohio River a lot this year but it doesn't seem like the fishing is as good as in past years. It probably had to do with lack of rain and slow current but we had a couple of good nights down there. Good luck to you and maybe well do some fishing once it warms up a bit.

3. MadKater

MadKater New Member

State:
    Evansville,IN
    its been years since i have fished the white.........id definatly be interested in getting a group together to do some fishing on the white,if yall decide to do that count me in :) ....and maybe we can get a small group together and fish the wabash or ohio nest spring too.

4. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Sounds good to me. We usually try and get together a couple of times a year so well just try and figure out some dates once we get closer to the spring.