White River

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by all_clear, Sep 9, 2009.

1. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    So the wife and I went down to white river about a month ago. First time we've ever been there. Decided to bank fish. Pulled down to the water just off Washington st & S. white river parkway w dr. (as it shows on the map) just east of the zoo and such. We didn't have any luck and the water seemed real low. I'm not against going back to the spot but if anyone has another place to try were open to checking it out. Untill i get my boat finished up were stuck on the bank.

Thanks
    Nathan

2. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I'm gonna help you out here,,,, HURRY UP WITH THE BOAT, lol!

A good white river bank spot is rare- and over fished... especially where your talking about. Goodluck, and welcome to the BOC!

3. kyleco55

kyleco55 Well-Known Member

State:
    Central In
    welcome to the BOC!

DP is right about that spot.. kinda sounds like hes sending you an invite to fish in his boat, in his spots dont it?? :smile2:

good luck on the boat, and good luck fishing!

4. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey Thanks guys... I know I know, finish the boat. Well i still need an outboard, anchors, marine battery, trickle charger, gas tank, oars, life-jackets (all the legal stuff) Boat is a 14ft jon with a trailer (which needs plates). As i can I'm buying stuff for it but money is tight :confused2:. Shooting for next spring to have it out on the water.

Just curious as to if you guys are eatting out of the white river :eek:oooh: Just don't think i could do it but catch and release is fine by me...

Thanks
    Nathan

5. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    good luck on the boat :confused2: i am also looking for a jon boat also i do not eat fish out of the white even at that i do eat fish at all i release all the fish catch so they can become hawgs in few yrs

6. all_clear

all_clear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks. Keep an eye on craigslist and hoosiertopics jon boats come across there all the time for a few hundred bucks. I picked up one late feb. this yr for $175 (14fter wide with trailer and trolling motor plus title/reg) but had to turn around and sell it, I had just bought an old 5.5 for $100 but i got $600 for it all and had $300 in it. Put all that money into fixing an 04 jeep wrangler i bought from auction that was totaled.

This boat i just picked up, traded my mossberg semi-auto 12ga shotgun for it. 14fter built-in live well, trolling motor, 2 swivel seats and trailer.
    Some good deals out there to be made, lots of people need cash but I've done well trading stuff too. Might try to trade a full size slot machine for a motor :smile2: who knows.....

Nathan

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I eat the fish out of there and Im doing ok.. The pic is proof it wont kill ya!!:smile2:

Attached Files:

8. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I ate a 12# cat from the Ohio. I'm still breathing! :cool2: :wink:

9. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    that is what happens when you been fishing with mexicans:smile2::smile2::smile2::crazy: