white river west fork washington

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Cdbush28, Aug 22, 2005.

1. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    I caught 3 fish last weekend; 15, 11, 5lbs. I thought they were blues. One of my fishing buddies claims that they are "mississipi whites." Anyone have any information on this type of cat? It's a new one to me.

2. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Hey what's going on? I don't know. They could of been albino cats? :confused: That's awesome that you caught some though. Congrats!! Hey try to get some pictures of them. Where are you fishing? We are on the northwest side fishing Eagle Creek and haven't caught crap. It's been a rough post spawn around here. Get back at me.

-Later

3. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    We primarily fish the west fork white river between the washington access site and petersburg. These three fish were actually caught about 50 yards down river from our fish camp. The flat's have been very slow this summer. The blues started producing about 3 weeks ago.

Attached Files:

4. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    Here are a few more pics. The flattys were caught about a month ago when the water was actually on a brief rise.

Attached Files:

5. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    It looks like the "white cats" don't have a 'v' cut in their tails. If they don't have a 'v' but instead are straight like a flathead, then they aren't blue cats. You're buddy may have a good eye!

6. LilRyjoe04

LilRyjoe04 New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Good Pics Corey! Those look like some nice cats. I wish I had some recent pictures of some catfish. :sad: One of these days I'll post that we went out and tore em up :rolleyes: ,well that's wishful thinking. Keep it up, and maybe we can get together sometime and get a line wet.

-Later

7. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    I caught my biggest cat to date early this morning. 45lbs 11oz. blue cat. It was caught in 17ft of water using shad guts. We caught 4 channels and 4 blues. The biggest channel was 8lbs. All were on shad guts.

Attached Files:

8. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Did you catch him at the same spot as the others? Way to go man!

9. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    It was caught in the same hole, on the same bait. The funny thing is it's only about 50 yards from our cabin. and we've been fishing a mile or so down river all summer.

10. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Do you fish south of SR 50? If so, what county road are you close to? Thanks for the info.

11. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    Yes we are south of 50, the boat ramp is actually at the end of bus. 50. We are fishing about 3.5 miles south of the boat ramp so we are fishing almost even with county road 300 south. Our cabin is located at the end of 300S about 25 yards from the water.

12. typer181

State:
    Indy
    Name:
    Eric
    Are you fishing from the bank or shore? It sounds like a good spot, sure as heck better than anywhere I've been to recently. Keep at it.

13. Cdbush28

Cdbush28 New Member

State:
    Washington
    We are fishing the bank side of the river from a boat, mainly holes in brush piles. I don't think we are going to have trouble finding deep water now. The rain has raised the river 6ft already.