white river-spencer

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Harleycat, Sep 23, 2008.

1. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    sunday night at the white,had a good night caught 7fish. perch,gar,2channels 5,7 three flats 15,22,27,iwas busy.i diddnt care i finally caught a nice flat:smile2:funny thing all but one was caught on cut creek chubs.the bigun took a gill sorry i dont have a camera yet so no pits.maybe santa will bring me one

2. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Sounds like a real good outing to me, congrats!

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Awesome! Hey Harley, did you happen to notice what time the flat bite was?

4. blazerjet

blazerjet New Member

State:
    indiana
    Most of my big flats are caught on cut bait

5. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    bill,i think it was around 9;00 OR A LITTLE AFTER.what time did you catch yours.

6. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thats about it, 9 o'clock... man the bite time is short lived right now too ain't it? Seems like it only last maybe about an hour (if that) then it's over... If I'm not in the right place at exactly the right time, I won't catch diddly squat! LOL... thats the way it is in my dried-up section of the river anyway.

With such a short lived bite time right now, if I get a couple dinks on the hook, by the time I reel 'em in and re-bait the bite is over, and I miss out on the bigger ones messin' with the babies... I think I caught 5 or 6 little flatties tonight... no bigger ones (had a bigger one on, but I must of had a bad frayed line 'cause it broke way too easy... which really sucked!)

With that short of bite time right now, I'm going to use big bass or carp to try to avoid them pesky little flatties during bite-thirty.

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I was out on the White tonight and about 1am or so I hooked into what had to have been a 25 to 30# flattie but the kid i was with hit it with a spotlight and then dinged my line with the net and it broke free... I was , well you know how I was feeling but the kidd is new to it so I had to bite my tounge... but he knows better now... WTG with those fish malcom... See ya today sometime... I got a camera... That means you can take pics of the fish I catch

8. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    ha ha ha you mean the fish i catch:wink: sorry i couldnt make it tonight shane but maybe next week

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    OH man you wouldnt beleive this place... I could watch the flatheads go at my gills its so clear and shallow... but I WILL NEVER.....NEVER NEVER EVER USE OCTOPUS HOOKS AGAIN... I got some pics of this spot... You'll see!!!