White River South side Indy

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Wallbass, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey there!
    Anyone Fish the White on Southport rd.at the sanitation plant?
    I allways see cars at night but didn't want to bother them.....Jeff

2. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Hey Jeff, I don't think I could stand the smell
    of that place for very long. And if you're seeing
    cars there don't be shy,Get out there and talk to someone.That's how you make things happen!

3. typer181

typer181 Well-Known Member

State:
    Indy
    If you ever want to check to see if a fishing spot is accessible or not, I recommend downloading Google Earth. It lets you look anywhere you would like to from space, and it's really good resolution for almost the entire state. You can download it here: http://earth.google.com/ . It is a great program.

4. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    As far as it smelling,it dont very often. Have been on sight since I posted this. About a 1/2 mile n.and s. very clean from what I seen. However Im kind of leery of walking up on a group of guys at 11P.M.(GOOD WAY TO GET SHOT!):big_smile:

5. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Come on Jeff,You're not going to get shot! Anyone
    fishing day or night would understand that another
    fisherman might come around. I would'nt be afraid
    of doing this at all. You'll probably find out that
    their just good ol boys like yourself!I you want to
    pm me,I'll go there with you myself. You can stay in your car if you want to.You'll see,I'll be right back. Don't live in fear!

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    he is rite about the goodol boys thing. most fishermen are real nice folks,look on hear! also you can make yourself feel safer with a carry permit. it is easy and cheap to get. it is a real comfort when out numbered and in an unfamiliar place.

7. Wallbass

Wallbass New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hmmmm..Already carry. I have been able to walk up and talk to Fishermen and it's like we were old friends. But this spot as I said did a recon on it. on the way back to the road two guys had set up a ways from the bridge. I walked up as I had done time and time again and started talking to them,asking if it was there first time there and if not how have they done in the past on Cats. The one guy was throwing in a 5" goldfish and clamed he didn't know how to Catfish. Both guys was acting kinda nervous. So i said have a good trip and started walking away when one guy turned around and said " I WOULDN'T be walking around down here if I were you,someone might think your a DEER AND SHOOT YA. I turned and said I hope not I Shoot Back.
    I have never ran into a situation like that before that day. Kinda makes you wonder!........Jeff :confused2: P.S. Im sure they were not BOC Brothers

8. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    I've never been one for carrying a gun (no offense
    please). I've never needed one either. Just been lucky
    I guess. Obviously Jeff that's no place to fish.
    You'll find a better one.Shame on those loosers who said that.Maybe they're looking for trouble. I bet
    they'll find it!