White River report 6/6/07

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by kindofsudden, Jun 7, 2007.

1. kindofsudden

kindofsudden New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Fished the White last night. Conditions not the greatest (hot weather, LOW river, put the boat in early, left early, etc...), but you have to take those days when you get them!

Dropped lines from just north of the armory, and at points all the way down south of the 16 St. bridge near the dam. Nothing on live bait, several hits on cut bait, lost about a 2 pound channel cat at the boat (rookie fishing buddy mistake) and boated a channel that weighed in just over 5 pounds. A great fighter, I thought he would be bigger! Anyway, the river is low, low, low with almost no current! Bottomed out the Deep V a couple times... not the best boat for the White River. Rain in the next few days should open up some opportunities for some fish. Bass are jumping if you are into that.

Best moment of the fishing season so far... my buddy bent over the side of the boat and his $50 sunglasses took the shortest route to the bottom of the river. Hilarious!

2. ironcat

ironcat New Member

State:
    indiana
    went out also in the same area,but didn't catch any. I was using live bluegill. I think the spawn might be on. I talked to some guys that fished around waverley and they were catching channels on shad guts. No hits on live bait. Have you ever pulled anything big out of the deep hole on the westside of the river just right before the 16 bridge? There is a concreate wall along the bank looks like a good hole. Thanks IRONCAT

3. kindofsudden

kindofsudden New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You know, I have heard of big fish coming out of there, but have never taken a single fish off that area, or between the bridge and the dam for that matter.

Yeah, I think the spawn is on at this point. Time to get creative.

4. grizzlycats

grizzlycats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    We'll be fishin that area sunday, not real sure bout what time. No boat here, we'll be bankin it this time round. We'll b just south of the dam right close to the train bridge near 16th street. Just look for a dirty red JEEP & a big fat white bald guy (ME):lol:
    Any takers??

5. kindofsudden

kindofsudden New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wish I could have been there for that, but was out of town. Let me know if you need a boat ride, there are plenty of times when I am down there and need someone to help me launch/trailer my rig. Be happy to bring you along.

6. grizzlycats

grizzlycats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Jason, ur a kind man & I appreciate the offer. I just might take you up on the offer:smile2:. I'm gonna try to get down there sometime this week. No promises tho, kinda all depends if I can get away for a few hours.