White River - Recent Warm up

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by treddinwater, Apr 18, 2007.

1. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    I plan on getting out on White River sometime this weekend, probably Sunday morning as early as I can force myself to get up haha. I've got plenty of cut bait out in the freezer, but I was wondering if anybody thinks it will be worth trying for any flatties as of right now. Before that cold snap, I figured by now I would be fishing for them, but I got kinda thrown off and I'm worried that the cold snap cooled the water back off. Anybody got any advice or catching any right now?

2. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    well rick the rivers up here in the fort are at 50 as of this afternoon. you should be able to scratch a couple by the weekend down your way.

good luck bro.

3. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    You might be able to catch a few..but the water is probably a little cold though. It's always worth a try to catch something....a bad day fishing is better then a good day of anything else.

4. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Thanks guys, just needed a little positive reinforcement haha. Think I might get up early tomorrow or Sunday and try and wet a couple of lines. I'm sure I can find some channel cats, but I'm going to give the flatties a try too.

5. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Ended up heading down the Blue River in Shelby County instead of hitting up the White River yesterday morning. Sorry to say no flatties, but I did catch a few channel cats mostly between 3-6lbs. Also caught a redhoarse sucker that had to of been 3 1/2-4lbs and when I hooked into him I thought I had a monster channel cat on. Also in between cats, I caught 5 smallmouths, the biggest being 17" but most were 12-14". Nice morning to get out.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    rivers at 59.3 as of this evening. GO GETUM GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!! give us some rain and we will be into them hard!

7. treddinwater

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Tim, rain in the forecast for Wednesday and Thursday:cool2: . Went to the White River yesterday with my buddy, we kinda only had time in the afternoon and I tried using some goldfish but didn't even get any takers, but we did pick up a few nice carp on wheaty's.

8. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    roger that brother! i filled the bait tank with about 40 gills yesterday, i am ready.

good luck on the flatheads this season all, remember to C.P.R. the trophys for the gene pool.

9. flatheadhunter32

flatheadhunter32 New Member

State:
    illinois
    Any one know the water temp of the wabash and is anyone having any luck on the wabash yet?