White River near Martinsville 3/27/06

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by ScottWiseman, Mar 28, 2006.

1. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    Went to the White River in Martinsville today....water temps were about 51 degrees...warm day with some wind, but all in all a nice day. I caught two fish today that I have never caught in my life. One was a smallmouth buffalo (I was hoping to catch one sometime this year) and the other was a golden redhorse sucker....or at least I think that is what it was. I looked it up on the internet and that was what it looked like. They look like skinny carp with no barbs on their lips? Strange....anyway...I also caught some carp and catfish. Buffalo, carp and suckers were all caught on nightcrawlers...catfish on shad guts. Here are todays totals:
    Smallmouth Buffalo - 6 (Biggest 8 lbs)
    Golden Sucker or whatever it is - 2 (biggest about 3 or 4 lbs)
    Carp - 1 (About 6 lbs)
    Catfish - 6 (Biggest about 2 lbs...pretty dinky)

And here are some pics:
    Buffalo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sucker:
    [​IMG]

2. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    Congrats on finally catching a buffalo. Sounds like you had a great day of fishing. I fished the White River downtown yesterday for about three hours. I only caught one channel cat about 9" long on shad guts. Hopefully the warm weather this week will get things going.

3. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Nice catch Scott, looks like things are really starting to pick up here. Didn't know we had buffalos in White River, I've never seen one caught around here. Very nice redhoarse by the way, I've caught a couple around that size down in Shelby County and they are decent fighters.

4. beaneye46

beaneye46 New Member

State:
    indiana
    did you catch those with worms?

5. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana