White River Martinsville

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by Jetdoc, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Jetdoc

Jetdoc New Member

State:
    Mooresville Indiana
    The channel catfish bite seems to be really on now that the river is down again. I did some bank fishing on Monday afternoon for some carp but couldn't catch anything but channel cats. Caught 5 of them in 14"-20" range using sweet corn on a hair rig. Was using some frozen shad also but they were stripping the bait off so quick I could not get a hook in them with the shad.
    We did not stay late enough to try for some Flatheads as we did not have any live bait or any lights for night fishing, besides the bugs were terrible down there. I only had to drive 10 miles home and could barely see out the window from all the dead bugs splattering my windsheild.

2. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    thanks for the info bud i went out sunday north of martinsville and did ok although my big catch was a 7lb white perch . i did catch a channel and a flatty too and caught a pretty nice small mouth bass too . i cut it up for bait after i caught it . i think from waverly down to paragon is doing pretty well right now . seems like the big flood washed them all up river for us . here,s some rep for ya too

3. hdfatboy29

hdfatboy29 New Member

State:
    indiana
    sorry i forgot to welcome you to the brother hood i,m just north of martinsville and fish that area alot . so welcome and enjoy and live and learn with us and be safe

4. IndyCatGuy

IndyCatGuy New Member

State:
    Greensburg, IN
    Corn for catfish?? LOL Just messin with ya Roy. Sounds like you and the misses had a good time. I may be checking that spot out here before long.

5. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Roy! I'm a Morgan County native myself, lived most of my days in the Martinsville & Paragon area. Glad to have another hometown boy aboard.

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    welcome to the b.o.c.!