Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,042 Posts
jeremy you can bank fish a decent stretch out of henderson ford ramp and down at lil mexico it,s on the north bound lanes of 67 north of where 39 comes from monrovia it,s where the ipl damn is and there,s a good stretch down at the 67 /39 split where you cross the bridge to come to martinsville you can park on the gravel road and walk down and walk pretty much down river til the bend and up river for a real good ways . if you want more info pm me and i,ll give you my number i fish alot down by the 67/39 bridge .

· Registered
906 Posts
one of my favorite spots used to be is where 39 meets 67, if coming from monrovia down 39, go to 67, if you could drive strait across 67 into the river there is an area that has two large out croppings of rock, i used to park there and walk down to these boulders, go between the boulders, once between them, there was just enough room for two people to fish there, on the left was a nice deep hole, to the right was a nice large flat where they love to feed at night.
keep in ind that it has been well over 10 yrs since there last, so things may have changed.
they have added guard railing since i have fished there last also, so i'm not sure about parking, if you speak a little spanish or have a bucket full of burrito's you may also try the spillway just north of 39/67 interchange...

· Registered
903 Posts
henderson ford ramp and lil mexico yes it is mexico there--also try waverly :eek:just watch out the owner of the pay lake will ask you to buy the fish you caught :Mad:

· Registered
6,124 Posts
if you speak a little spanish or have a bucket full of burrito's you may also try the spillway just north of 39/67 interchange...
Thats the nastiest, trashiest place I have ever seen on any bank of the white river..... or any river for that matter.

It's ALWAYS elbow to elbow with drunk- no english speaking Mexicans fishing in every illegal way they possibly can.
I walked down there just yesterday just to see if anything has changed - nope - it's even worse than I've ever seen it before.... There was a pile of mexican doo-doo in the middle of the walking path I almost stepped in on the way down!:shock::angry:

Why the cops and CO's let them trash this area out and poach fish there- I have no clue.

· Registered
186 Posts
lol at all the above posts it does get kind of bad during the day but at night theres hardly anybody out there fishing, ive seen some big fish come out of that spot also, i think its the best spot for us that dont have a boat give it a try if youve never been there.

· Registered
7,655 Posts
I don't see as many of them down here anymore..Most everybody on the river had the game wardens on speed dial and they thinned out. They'd sure take all the carp, buffalo, drum, and gar off your hands in a heartbeat.

· Registered
186 Posts
the problem here is everybody just lets them do what they want then we just quit going there to fish if the dnr starts getting calls from alot of people i think they will enforce the law a little bit more down there id hate to see a spot on the river get taken over and none of us do anything about it and i dont think it helps that boc members are always scaring people away from that spot, pretty soon they'll get all they can get out of that spot and move on to somewhere else and so on

· Registered
6,124 Posts
the problem here is everybody just lets them do what they want.
Just the opposite- there's plenty happening with law enforcement and locals.... all the right people are fully aware of the problem and are acting on it accordingly.

i dont think it helps that boc members are always scaring people away from that spot. pretty soon they'll get all they can get out of that spot and move on to somewhere else and so on
It's a very secluded spot. There are very shady people down there. They are drunk and using drugs and poaching this is FACT not fiction- it is NOT a family campgound environment or a place to go unprepared for trouble. we just didn't post that stuff to hear ourselfs type lol.
Right now, it's not doing anyone any favors at all telling them it's a place to go fish....
I am actually embarrassed it is in my county.
Hopefully that will change soon- and believe me, I'll be the first one to rejoice out loud when it does.

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Just the opposite- there's plenty happening with law enforcement and locals.... all the right people are fully aware of the problem and are acting on it accordingly.

It's a very secluded spot. There are very shady people down there. They are drunk and using drugs and poaching this is FACT not fiction- it is NOT a family campgound environment or a place to go unprepared for trouble. we just didn't post that stuff to hear ourselfs type lol.
Right now, it's not doing anyone any favors at all telling them it's a place to go fish....
I am actually embarrassed it is in my county.
Hopefully that will change soon- and believe me, I'll be the first one to rejoice out loud when it does.
A reply from the CO today on this subject....

We are aware of problems that occur there and have made many, many arrests. However there are only two of us working Morgan County and we have other responsibilities. Also most weekends one or both of us are assigned to work Lake Monroe, which is when a lot of what you mentioned occurs. If you see illegal activity please call when it is occurring and we will try to respond.

Thank you for your concern, for without folks like you are job would be next to impossible.

David Reese ICO

· Registered
6,124 Posts
I couldn't post my complaint(s) on the USCA due to the fact that this is a family forum-lol
But anyway, this is stuff I knew already- I just wanted to show I wasn't exaggerating any.

· Registered
2,754 Posts
I cant believe he aint dead yet (by natural causes or at the hands of a pissed off hunter), he was the CO back in my Morgan Co days, over 25 years ago. I remember him having a bounty on his head by some of the more unethical backwoods folks I knew back then. Guess nobody cashed in. He was a real prick back in the day, you had better had your T's crossed and your I's dotted or he would write you up and impound your gear. He tried to rule through authority instead of education, really liked to throw his weight around. I hope he has changed some, for the benefit of ya'all who live in his district.

· Registered
6,124 Posts
I cant believe he aint dead yet (by natural causes or at the hands of a pissed off hunter), he was the CO back in my Morgan Co days, over 25 years ago. I remember him having a bounty on his head by some of the more unethical backwoods folks I knew back then. Guess nobody cashed in. He was a real prick back in the day, you had better had your T's crossed and your I's dotted or he would write you up and impound your gear. He tried to rule through authority instead of education, really liked to throw his weight around. I hope he has changed some, for the benefit of ya'all who live in his district.
He made Shane fill up three trash bags of trash last year for keeping a bluegill he caught in his castnet lmao...
10 years or so ago I got a 125 dollar ticket from him when I spaced my life jacket....
guess you got to be mexican or a limbline poacher to get away with anything theses days lol
I run into him two or three times a year... If you're doing what your suppose to be doing he's as nice as can be.

· Registered
3,443 Posts
Man Aint this the truth.. we onces dressed a deer in a field and hung its testies on his truck.. He would drive around and fire off shots to scare the deer from our section of woods.. But he has seemed to be a changed guy now.

· Registered
6,124 Posts
Man Aint this the truth.. we onces dressed a deer in a field and hung its testies on his truck.. He would drive around and fire off shots to scare the deer from our section of woods.. But he has seemed to be a changed guy now.
I hope with that confession it was at least 7 years ago :handcuffs: lol

I like the man, he's always been professional with me. And he's got the balls to help with the fish poaching Mexicans that are trashing our river- and I appreciate that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.