White River - Last Night

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by ThaWstSide, Aug 5, 2009.

1. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Well folks, I tried the river last night after all the rain... It was up considerably and figured maybe the water moving might get the fish moving!. Well, after about 20 minutes I had some action, had a couple solid hits but no run, and the bait was gone, I rebaited, and about 10 minutes later, I had a run off on my reel/clicker and as I went to grab the pole I missed the hookup...

From there on out there was nothing, In all I was there maybe 2 hours... Will try again soon, maybe find some logs in the river to fish around!

2. whiskerchick

whiskerchick New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Way to go in giving it a try anyway WstSide!

3. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    after all the rian the river was a screaming aleast yuo went out and tried

4. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Everybody talks about how the higher water gets them moving in some instances... I figure, why not give it a shot. Maybe the water being up and moving swiftly would get them out of holes and off the bottom.

I am glad I tried, I spent more time with my dad, and my mom watched over us both, but we got lines wet, and ended up getting a run, and some bumps.

Cant catch fish if you dont try....

5. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    True Jim,
    and when it's up like that you can catch 'em in some strange places like in the flooded long grass in just a few inches of water...W

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Or in the middle of a gravel road!!!:smile2::smile2: i caught some carp swimming in the middle of a gravel rd.. it was fun. I just walked out and started picking them up

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    good thing DNR didn't see ya, you'd be pickin' up trash again....lmao

8. ThaWstSide

ThaWstSide New Member

State:
    Speedway,
    Lol, I think we need more details on this subject... Who wants to share?, cause I want to know!

9. fishassasin

fishassasin New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    i remember that ... laughed my arze off. if im not mistaken doesnt the game fish castnet refer to public waters only. or does it refer to private lakes too? cause i net them in a private retention pond here at an apartment complex. guess im not supposed to do so .. not sure. but here lately since i dont have a net now ive been catching them from the mental pond at the state hospital. stupid gills hit a bare neon green hook lol guess they really are mental lol

10. buckeater

buckeater Member

State:
    Indiana
    as long as there is not a naturaly occuring creek that feeds into the private pond/lake you are good. found that out while trying to get bait at my buddies grandparents. it has a natural creek going in and out of it.

11. cat6028

cat6028 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    man you better stay away from the gill and the carp bub lol j/k on another note yeah dave reece is actually a pretty cool co, he's cut me a break once or twice.

12. indycatman

indycatman New Member

State:
    Greenwood, Indi
    :smile2::smile2: shane you using that casting net again :eek:oooh::eek:oooh: officer robertson going to get you and yes pickup trash again